Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help for choosing Slackware
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Help for choosing Slackware Post 302471689 by Neo on Sunday 14th of November 2010 05:33:03 PM
Old 11-14-2010
Any Unix or Linux will be fine.

It is up to you.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Choosing Java or C++

Listen, if you know a bit of programming in C and need to program unix-type operating systems the next transitive stage is for sure C++. However, have in mind that Java is like learning C but 99% object-oriented(o.o.) and with no pointers or memory-management tricks. It would be good for you to see... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Choosing a version

I know that the rules say no school questions but I am in advanced topics and am going to go to college for programming and I want to find a easy first OS to start me out, please help, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KoKo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help choosing a linux.

There are soo many flavors of linux and i just cant choose/find the right linux for me... I am hopeing for a linux that is a Workhorse Can fit of a seires (or 1) disk(s) Lots of features (admin/mod features) A learning mode or a detailed tutorial Can work side by side with windows... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lithuaniaakid
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

choosing secure and stable OS

I would like to choose an OS which is both very secure and very stable. Which one of these 2 would be the best option: FreeBSD or Solaris 10 ? I plan to use this OS as a very basic desktop pc using: a word processing program, emule/amule/p2p and an email client such as evolution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rivo
1 Replies

5. Linux

Choosing the best distro.

Hi all Help me find the best distro for the following configurations: Intel pentium IV 1.6 Ghz 128 MB RAM :( 40 GB Hardisk with one very big partition more than 35 gb n another 2 gb partition. windows xp is already installed but has enough free space (26gb). Which linux will be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically choosing the interpreter

Hi, Is it possible to choose the inerpreter conditionally. For example, if whereis bash returns /usr/bin/bash then i need to choose #!/usr/bin/bash else i need to use #!/usr/bin/sh. Is it possible to achieve in a shell script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

7. Linux

Choosing a UNIX

i have a project in numerical calculus in c language what unix i get better for this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
7 Replies

8. Linux

Help choosing distro

Hi, I just ordered an Skylake NUC and will run Linux on it. My distro of choice has been Ubuntu but I am fed up with the release cycle and would like more of a rolling release. I would say I am an intermediate level Linux user. It's going to be a HTPC, I want to have the latest kernels... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rthorntn
0 Replies
SUPERPACO(8)							      System							      SUPERPACO(8)

NAME
superpaco - Debian, RPM or Slackware package installation support for paco(8). SYNOPSIS
superpaco [OPTIONS] <packages> DESCRIPTION
superpaco performs the installation of Debian, RPM or Slackware binary packages, without requiring the use of dpkg(8), rpm(8) or pkg- tool(8). The installations are logged by paco (but see option -n below), To install RPM packages, cpio(1) and ( rpm2cpio(1) or rpmunpack ) are required. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a brief usage message and exit. -v, --version Display version information and exit. -q, --quiet Be silent, except for errors. -n, --no-paco Do not use paco to log the installation. --root=PATH When installing the files, use PATH as the root directory. -s, --strip-release Remove the release suffix from the name of the package (e.g. 'foo-1.0.2-2.1' --> 'foo-1.0.2'). WEB SITE
http://paco.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2009 David Rosal <davidrr@sourceforge.net> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
paco(8), pacorc(5), pacoball(8), rpm2paco(8) paco-2.0.9 28 June 2010 SUPERPACO(8)