Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting closing unwanted open ports using scripts Post 302471586 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 14th of November 2010 12:39:40 AM
Old 11-14-2010
I posted an answer in the other thread:
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...xt-file.html#5

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

closing open ports

/* Linux Slackware */ Nmap shows the following ports open on the gateway. 21/tcp ftp 22/tcp ssh 23/tcp telnet 25/tcp smtp 37/tcp time 80/tcp http 113/tcp auth 515/tcp printer 587/tcp submission 1024/tcp kdm 6000/tcp x11 ------------------------------- i would like to close as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LowOrderBit
10 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

firewall vs. closing ports

This may be kind of a stupid question, but here goes: Say I'm running a FreeBSD webserver (w/apache). I've managed to close ALL open ports (including SSH/telnet and portmapper), excepting '80' that apache is listening on. A netstat -a shows me nothing open. Discounting DoS/DDoS or holes in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam_crosby
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

Closing out ports???

Hi all Is there a command that I can use to close out open ports? I did a netstat - a -p and got a long list of ports open (see sample below). I have disabled the some of the applications from /etc/services/. But there are still applications listening on certain ports. I need to know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
6 Replies

4. Linux

How To Open Ports in RedHat ?

how can i open ports i need in red hat server vs root access ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sirius
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining open ports

hi all 1) how to determine available ports in a box (solaris) do i have to go for a netstat on all the ports? 2) how to block a particular port for a particular type of connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1012-1020 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. One server has all these on and one server just has 1017. *.1023 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

7. AIX

locking down unused or unwanted ports in AIX

We have a system and we have modified the /etc/ind.conf and the /etc/services and the /etc/rc.tcpip file to turn off specific applications. I need to know what is the correct procedure for locking down unused ports that still appear to be in a listen mode even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admaix
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports and services

just a quick question: a. whats the simplest command to check open port and the corresponding services? example: bash-2.05# netstat -an | grep LISTEN *.199 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN *.8989 *.* 0 0 49152 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Closing open file descriptors from /proc/pid/fd

Hi guys, i need to write a shell script that will close file descriptors from /proc/pid/fd will calling exec 4<&- solve the problem ? thanks in advance :) (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_romeo
15 Replies
PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)						 1						PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)

Phar::interceptFileFuncs - instructs phar to intercept fopen, file_get_contents, opendir, and all of the stat-related functions

SYNOPSIS
finalpublicstatic void Phar::interceptFileFuncs (void ) DESCRIPTION
instructs phar to intercept fopen(3), readfile(3), file_get_contents(3), opendir(3), and all of the stat-related functions. If any of these functions is called from within a phar archive with a relative path, the call is modified to access a file within the phar archive. Absolute paths are assumed to be attempts to load external files from the filesystem. This function makes it possible to run PHP applications designed to run off of a hard disk as a phar application. PARAMETERS
No parameters. RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 A Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) example <?php Phar::interceptFileFuncs(); include 'phar://' . __FILE__ . '/file.php'; ?> Assuming that this phar is at /path/to/myphar.phar and it contains file.php and file2.txt, if file.php contains this code: Example #2 A Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) example <?php echo file_get_contents('file2.txt'); ?> Normally PHP would search the current directory for file2.txt, which would translate as the directory of file.php, or the current direc- tory of a command-line user. Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) instructs PHP to consider the current directory to be phar:///path/to/myphar.phar/ and so opens phar:///path/to/myphar.phar/file2.txt in the above example code. PHP Documentation Group PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)