Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Here document inside a here document? Post 302471578 by mnanavati on Sunday 14th of November 2010 12:01:27 AM
Old 11-14-2010
I tried this. It throws an error saying unexpected end of file.
Error is thrown on line sudo vserver vservername enter ---- unexpected eof.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on find a document

Hey all, I've been trying to find a document. The document is a list of all supported hardware that Solaris 7 supports. If anyone knows where this can be found thx in advanced. I've tried looking through the docs.sun.com site and can't find what I am after. It's just a list of hardware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo with a here-document

I do not know how valid this post is, but here it is. I was writing a script for testing some development code that I had written. It involved many echo statements to redirect the output into a log file. Given the large number of echo statements, I took to this solution cat <<EOF >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Teaching myself Here Document

I understand that a Here Document will redirect all of the lines between the beginning marker for the here document and the ending marker into the command specified just as if the text were coming from standard input. I am trying to understand the Here Document with this example: # Menu file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericelysia
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The here document <<

Hello, I want to know the use of the here document with the << operator. Tried to go through some books but the concept was not clear. Please can any1 expalin me this with a simple example. Thanks, Rahul. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document not working

I tried doing ftp myhost <<HERE username password quit HERE but it doesnt work. Why? When I do ftp host, I always get prompted for username, and once I type that in I get prompted for password. But when I try doing it from here document it freezes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Document

Plz can somebody give me the shell and perl scripting documents,i need to start the scrpts learning.now i know about the linux commands,but need help in putting the same in the scripting with do,if,while and also using diffrent commands in the scrpipts,pls help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.res
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Sudo inside a here document

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo inside a here document not working

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost <<REMOTE... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
13 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

HTML document

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Personal Web Page</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY BGCOLOR="WHITE"><H3> <CENTER>My Personal Page<HR>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the value from Here Document

I have code like var="1" echo << EOF export `var="2"` EOF echo $var The value of var is printed here is 1 but it should be 2 Any error there? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:33 AM ---------- Also tried var="1" echo var << EOF echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies
smilint(1)							     SMI Tools								smilint(1)

NAME
smilint - syntax and semantic checks of SMIv1/v2 and SPPI modules SYNOPSIS
smilint [ -Vhersm ] [ -c file ] [ -p module ] [ -l level ] [ -i error-pattern ] module(s) DESCRIPTION
The smilint program is used to check MIB or PIB modules for syntax errors and semantics at some degree. SMIv1/v2 style MIB modules as well as SPPI PIB modules are supported. The rules that smilint is based on are taken from RFC 1155, RFC 1212 and RFC 1215 for SMIv1, RFCs 2578-2580 for SMIv2, RFC 3159 for SPPI. OPTIONS
-V, --version Show the smilint version and exit. -h, --help Show a help text and exit. -e, --error-list Show a list of all known error messages and exit. Error messages can have associated tags, shown in braces at the end of each line. The tags can be used with the -i option to ignore certain error messages. -r, --recursive Report errors and warnings also for recursively imported modules. -s, --severity Show the error severity in brackets before error messages. -m, --error-names Show the error names in braces before error messages. -c file, --config=file Read file instead of any other (global and user) configuration file. -p module, --preload=module Preload the module module before reading the main module(s). This may be helpful if an incomplete main module misses to import some definitions. -l level, --level=level Report errors and warnings up to the given severity level. See below for a description of the error levels. The default error level is 3. -i prefix, --ignore=prefix Ignore all errors that have a tag which matches prefix. A list of error tags can be retrieved by calling smilint with the -e option. module(s) These are the modules to be checked. If a module argument represents a path name (identified by containing at least one dot or slash character), this is assumed to be the exact file to read. Otherwise, if a module is identified by its plain module name, it is searched according to libsmi internal rules. See smi_config(3) for more details. ERROR AND WARNING LEVELS
All generated error and warning messages have an associated severity level. The actual severity levels are: 0 Internal error, no recovery possible. Examples are memory allocation failures. Errors of this level usually cause the application to abort. 1 Major SMI/SPPI error, recovery somehow possible but may lead to severe problems. Examples are lexically unexpected characters or unknown keywords. Errors of this kind usually lead to follow-on errors. 2 SMI/SPPI error which is probably tolerated by some implementations. Examples are MIB/PIB modules which mix constructs from different SMI/SPPI versions. 3 SMI/SPPI error which is likely tolerated by many implementations. Examples are misplaced SMIv2 MODULE-IDENTITY invocations or SMIv2 tex- tual conventions derived from other textual conventions. 4 Something which is not strictly an error but which is recommended to be changed. Warnings of this level are usually considered during MIB reviews. 5 Something that is basically correct but might be problematic in certain environments or usage scenarios. Examples are warnings that identifiers only differ in case or that type definitions are not used within the defining module. 6 Messages of this level are auxiliary notices. Examples are messages that point to a previous definition in case of a redefinition. Higher levels are currently not used and lead to the same effects as level 6 does. Note that errors up to level 3 are errors violating the specifications and must be fixed by the responsible author. The warnings generated with level 4 should be considered during normal MIB/PIB reviews. EXAMPLE
This example checks the file RMON2-MIB in the current directory (note that the `./' prefix ensures this). The error level is raised to 6 and warnings that claim about identifier names that exceed a length of 32 characters are suppressed. $ smilint -l 6 -i namelength-32 ./RMON2-MIB ./RMON2-MIB:3935: unexpected type restriction ./RMON2-MIB:3936: unexpected type restriction ./RMON2-MIB:3937: unexpected type restriction ./RMON2-MIB:3938: unexpected type restriction ./RMON2-MIB:3939: unexpected type restriction ./RMON2-MIB:3940: unexpected type restriction ./RMON2-MIB:4164: scalar object must not have a `read-create' access value SEE ALSO
The libsmi(3) project is documented at http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/. Other commonly used MIB checkers are mosy(1) and smicng(1). AUTHORS
(C) 1999-2004 F. Strauss, TU Braunschweig, Germany <strauss@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> (C) 1999-2002 J. Schoenwaelder, TU Braunschweig, Germany <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> (C) 2002-2003 J. Schoenwaelder, University of Osnabrueck, Germany (C) 2003-2004 J. Schoenwaelder, International University Bremen, Germany (C) 2001-2002 T. Klie, TU Braunschweig, Germany <tklie@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> (C) 2002 M. Bunkus, TU Braunschweig, Germany <bunkus@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> and contributions by many other people. IBR
August 10, 2004 smilint(1)