Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting data with New line not recognized when sent from windows to solaris Post 302471566 by vidya5678 on Saturday 13th of November 2010 10:00:56 PM
Old 11-13-2010
Our application is used to connect remotely to any machine (Windows, Solaris, Mac) using either SSH or Telnet protocol. We are able to connect remotely using terminal emulator vt100.

The windows machine I tested are Windows Xp, Windows 7
Our server is Solaris box Sparc 10

When connecting to Windows machine using wither Telnet or SSH, the terminal data is appearing with some junk characters. New line is not recognized.

Scenario: User will be launching our application(standalone jnlp file) from his windows box and connects to his own windows box and also invites another participant to see his terminal. When user enters text, it appears on the participant screen also. The text entered in the initiator screen appears in a single line in participant screen.
This data entered by the initiator from windows box is transferred to our Solaris server and then is communicated to the participant screen.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Windows/Solaris data sharing

Hi all, I have a request from Developer team in my compagny, they would like to be able to share data between unix and windows world. 1. We would like to be able to see Unix data from Windows : ?Samba ? 2 We would like to be able to see windows data from Solaris (Mount point) : ?NFS server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file to get data in exact line by line

I have my data something like this SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430693 07/01/2009 05:16:40 FR SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430746 07/01/2009 05:18:05 FR I want the output as follows.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

3. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace unix 'new line' with windows 'new line'

I'm trying to write a script to convert a unix text file to windows/dos format. Essentially all I want to do is replace the Unix return with a windows one. on the command line I can do this successfully by: sed s/$/^M/ ~/unix.txt ~/dos.txt when I put this line in my shell script it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wha72
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file.

Hi.. I'm into a bump after trying to solve this prob.. i've a file with contents like below. <blankline> 'pgmId' : 'UNIX', 'pgmData' : 'textfile', 'author' : 'admin', ....... Now i'm trying to insert a new data after pgmId. so the final output will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies
Arrange(1x)						   AfterStep X11 window manager 					       Arrange(1x)

NAME
Arrange - AfterStep module for arranging windows in a tiling or cascading order CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
DESCRIPTION
Arrange was developed to replace Tile and Cascade which were present in AfterStep 1.8 and stopped working with the introduction of After- Step 2.0. Like Tile and Cascade Arrange can be used to tile or cascade windows subject to certain constraints. By default Arrange will cascade windows located on the current screen. OPTIONS
-a Causes all window styles to be affected, even ones with the WindowListSkip style. -alldesks Causes windows on all desks to be effected. -desk Causes all windows on the desk to be cascaded instead of the current screen only. -H Causes windows to be tiled horizontaly. This will only have an effect if -tile is passed. -incx arg Specifies a horizontal increment which is successively added to arranged windows. arg is a percentage of screen width, or pixel value if a p is suffixed. Default is 20p. -incy arg Specifies a vertical increment which is successively added to arranged windows. arg is a percentage of screen height, or pixel value if a p is suffixed. Default is 20p. -m Causes maximized windows to also be affected (implied by -all). -mn arg Tiles up to arg windows in tile direction. If more windows exist, a new direction row or column is created (in effect, a matrix is created). -noraise Inhibits window raising, leaving the depth ordering intact. -nostretch Inhibits window expansion when using the -resize option. Win- dows will only shrink to fit the maximal width and height (if given). -pattern arg Only arrange windows matching the supplied pattern. -r Reverses the window sequence. -resize Forces all windows to resize to the constrained width and height (if given). -s Causes sticky windows to also be affected (implied by -all). -t Causes transient windows to also be affected (implied by -all). -tile Causes windows to be tiled not cascaded. -u Causes untitled windows to also be affected (implied by -all). INVOCATION
Arrange can be invoked from the autoexec file or by binding the action "Module Arrange [args]" to a key-stroke in a feel file. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Command-line arguments passed to Arrange are described in the OPTIONS section. Up to four numbers can be placed on the command line that are not switches. The first pair specify an x and y offset to start the first window (default is 0, 0). The second pair specify an absolute coordi- nate reference denoting the lower right bounding box for tiling. If any number is suffixed with the letter p, then it is taken to be a pixel value, otherwise it is interpreted as a screen percentage. Speci- fying zero for any parameter is equivalent to not specifying it. This invocation will horizontally tile windows with a bounding box which starts at 10 by 10 percent into and down the screen and ends at 90 by 90 percent into and down the screen. Arrange 10 10 90 90 -tile -H It is probably not a good idea to delete windows while windows are being arranged. 3rd Berkeley Distribution AfterStep v.2.2.11 Arrange(1x)