Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to improve throughput?
Special Forums IP Networking How to improve throughput? Post 302471547 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 13th of November 2010 02:20:19 PM
Old 11-13-2010
Ah. That means homework. We have a homework forum. Please set up your post over there... When you do that you will see why we have you do that. Be sure to mention TCP performance in your title.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i test my tape throughput in Mb/sec?

Is there a tool or cmd line program i can use to test my tape throughput in Mb/sec? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tool to monitor throughput

Was wonder if there was a tool or program I could run to measure throughput on our CentoS 4.x server. Our current dedicated host provider is charging us by how much throughput we are using and I just want to see if their numbers add up to whatever I get using a throughput tool of some kind. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Gigabit Link throughput

As a rule of thumb in doing calculations, what figure would you use in Mbytes/sec? I know the answer varies grealty on the topolgy of the network but I wonde what newteok engineers use a rough rule of thumb? Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debd
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Network writes contantly spiking in throughput

Hey guys First post... and im not exactly a solaris guru but here goes Ive setup a solaris 10 box with a raidz2 set of 6 disks... I have also setup Samba with open shares for some CIFs access... now my issue is that when i transfer large files to it the network performance contantly... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: silicoon
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Throughput problems with solaris aggregation

Hello gurus, I have the following configuration in the server side: # dladm show-aggr key: 33 (0x0021) policy: L4 address: 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 (auto) device address speed duplex link state nxge0 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 1000 Mbps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FERCA
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Issue with ns2 - no throughput data

Hello, First time poster here hoping to get some help with ns2. I've recently started using ns2(first time user) but I'm having difficulty getting the results I'm after. I am trying to set up a network with wireless nodes(5-15 nodes) and then use xgraph to display a timing diagram,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnicksMan
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bonding IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation : Bond showing less than desired throughput

Hi All, I have done IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation bond configuration with name bond0 which has 4 slaves (each 25GB/s) in it on cent os 6.8. Issue i am facing is bonding throughput is only 50GB/s not 100GB/s. below are the configuration files : DEVICE=bond0 IPADDR=xx.xx.xx.xx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
Netlogger Throughput Plugin(3)					 globus ftp client				    Netlogger Throughput Plugin(3)

NAME
Netlogger Throughput Plugin - Defines #define GLOBUS_FTP_CLIENT_THROUGHPUT_NL_PLUGIN_MODULE (&globus_i_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_module) Functions globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_init (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin, const char *nl_url, const char *prog_name, const char *opaque_string) globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_init_with_handle (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin, NLhandle *nl_handle, const char *opaque_string) globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_destroy (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin) globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_set_callbacks (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_begin_cb_t begin_cb, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_stripe_cb_t per_stripe_cb, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_total_cb_t total_cb, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_complete_cb_t complete_cb, void *user_specific) Detailed Description This plugin allows a user to easily use the throughput plugin to log performance data vi Netlogger. The plugin will log the following Event Types with its coressponding info TransferPerfTotal : This event type will be sent everytime a throughput plugin total callback is received. o URL.SOURCE <string> Source url of transfer o URL.DEST <string> Dest url of transfer o BYTES <int> Total bytes transfered thus far o BW.CURRENT <float> Current (instantaneous) bandwidth o BW.AVG <float> Average (instantaneous) bandwidth TransferPerfStripe : This event type will be sent everytime a throughput plugin stripe callback is received. o URL.SOURCE <string> Source url of transfer o URL.DEST <string> Dest url of transfer o INDEX <int> The stripe index the event applies to o BYTES <int> Total bytes transfered thus far on this stripe o BW.CURRENT <float> Current (instantaneous) bandwidth on this stripe o BW.AVG <float> Average (instantaneous) bandwidth on this stripe TransferBegin : This event type will be sent everytime a throughput plugin begin callback is received. o URL.SOURCE <string> Source url of transfer o URL.DEST <string> Dest url of transfer TransferEnd : This event type will be sent everytime a throughput plugin complete callback is received. o SUCCESS <bool> Completion status Define Documentation #define GLOBUS_FTP_CLIENT_THROUGHPUT_NL_PLUGIN_MODULE (&globus_i_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_module) Module descriptor. Function Documentation globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_init (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin, const char *nl_url, const char *prog_name, const char *opaque_string) Initialize netlogger wrapped throughput plugin This will initialize a netlogger wrapped throughput plugin. Note that the nl_url may be NULL. Regardless of what nl_host is set to, if the env variable NL_DEST_ENV is set, logging will always occur to that location. Parameters: plugin a plugin to be initialized nl_url the url to log to (May be NULL) Valid urls are: file://tmp/netlog.log x-netlog://host[:port] x-syslog://localhost prog_name This is used as the prog name in the NetLoggerOpen call opaque_string this is an opaque string that will be inserted into all logged statements. (may be NULL) Returns: o Error on NULL plugin or failure to init throughput plugin o Error on NetLogger open o GLOBUS_SUCCESS globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_init_with_handle (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin, NLhandle *nl_handle, const char *opaque_string) Initialize netlogger wrapped throughput plugin This will initialize a netlogger wrapped throughput plugin. Instead of passing a NetLogger url as in the plain init func, you can pass in a previously 'Open'ed NLhandle. This handle will not be destroyed by this plugin. Parameters: plugin a plugin to be initialized nl_handle a previously opened NetLogger handle opaque_string this is an opaque string that will be inserted into all logged statements. (may be NULL) Returns: o Error on NULL plugin or failure to init throughput plugin o Error on NetLogger open o GLOBUS_SUCCESS globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_destroy (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin) Destroy netlogger wrapped throughput plugin Frees up memory associated with plugin. Parameters: plugin plugin previously initialized with init (above) Returns: o GLOBUS_SUCCESS o Error on NULL plugin globus_result_t globus_ftp_client_throughput_nl_plugin_set_callbacks (globus_ftp_client_plugin_t *plugin, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_begin_cb_tbegin_cb, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_stripe_cb_tper_stripe_cb, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_total_cb_ttotal_cb, globus_ftp_client_throughput_plugin_complete_cb_tcomplete_cb, void *user_specific) Receive throughput callbacks You can still get the automatic netlogging of throughput along with receiving the same throughput callbacks that the throughput plugin provides by using this function to set these callbacks. Note that the callbacks are defined the same as in the throughput plugin Parameters: plugin begin_cb the callback to be called upon the start of a transfer per_stripe_cb the callback to be called every time updated throughput info is available for a given stripe total_cb the callback to be called every time updated throughput info is available for any stripe complete_cb the callback to be called to indicate transfer completion user_specific a pointer to some user specific data that will be provided to all callbacks Returns: o Error on NULL or invalid plugin o GLOBUS_SUCCESS See also: Throughput Performance Plugin Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for globus ftp client from the source code. Version 7.3 Mon Apr 30 2012 Netlogger Throughput Plugin(3)