Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting conditional multiple string matching Post 302471497 by danmero on Saturday 13th of November 2010 06:47:20 AM
Old 11-13-2010
Code:
{if (a b c==111) {print FILENAME;exit}}' {} \;

Just another way Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

for a certain directory, I want to grep a particular file called ABCD so what I do is ls /my/dir | grep -i "ABCD" | awk '{print $9}' however, there is also this file called ABCDEFG, the above command would reurn both file when I only want ABCD, please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching string

Hello, i have a program where i have to get a character from the user and check it against the word i have and then replace the character in a blank at the same position it is in the word. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching multiple values in a string

I've been battling with parsing a comma-delimited string, and have had what I would call B- success. I'm using perl and trying to parse out specific identifiers from a string, into a new string. When things are "normal," my regex works fine. When things get complicated, my script fails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linber2880
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string from input to string of file

Hi, i want to know how to compare string of file with input string im trying following code: file_no=`paste -s -d "||||\n" a.txt | cut -c 1` #it will return collection number from file echo "enter number" read " curr_no" if ; then echo " current number already present" fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if conditional, multiple lines

Hi experts, I have a file with hundreds of lines that looks something like this: Cake 1 3 4 2 3 1 3 Onion 3 2 4 1 3 4 2 Apple 2 3 4 4 1 2 1 Orange 4 3 4 1 2 4 1 Cake 3 1 4 2 4 2 1 Onion 2 4 2 1 4 2 1 Apple 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 Orange 2 1 2 2 2 4 1 Cake 4 3 4 3 1 3 3 ... I'm trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david_seeds
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Multiple Pattern String Matching

I am facing a problem and I would be grateful if you can help me :wall: I have a list of words like And I have a datafile like the box of the box of tissues out of of tissues out of the book, the the book, the pen and the the pen and the I want to find Patterns of “x.*x” where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional string search

Hi, I need to search/grep userid and its value based on a condition that the user id is under the heading "*central_test*" in a big file of about 70808MB. The * represents some strings before and after the string "centrla_test". Could anyone please guide. OS is hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
2 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX