Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting conditional multiple string matching Post 302471494 by rdcwayx on Saturday 13th of November 2010 06:17:19 AM
Old 11-13-2010
For pravin27's code, if the input txt file has two b1b, but no d1d, it will also export the filename. If there are more b1b, d1d, (more than 2), if will not list it.

Here is the fix:

Code:
find . -name "*.txt" -exec awk '
/b1b/{a=1}
/d1d/{b=1}
/a1a/ || /c1c/ {c=1}
{if (a==1&&b==1&&c==1) {print FILENAME;exit}}' {} \;
./infile.txt

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

for a certain directory, I want to grep a particular file called ABCD so what I do is ls /my/dir | grep -i "ABCD" | awk '{print $9}' however, there is also this file called ABCDEFG, the above command would reurn both file when I only want ABCD, please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching string

Hello, i have a program where i have to get a character from the user and check it against the word i have and then replace the character in a blank at the same position it is in the word. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching multiple values in a string

I've been battling with parsing a comma-delimited string, and have had what I would call B- success. I'm using perl and trying to parse out specific identifiers from a string, into a new string. When things are "normal," my regex works fine. When things get complicated, my script fails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linber2880
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string from input to string of file

Hi, i want to know how to compare string of file with input string im trying following code: file_no=`paste -s -d "||||\n" a.txt | cut -c 1` #it will return collection number from file echo "enter number" read " curr_no" if ; then echo " current number already present" fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if conditional, multiple lines

Hi experts, I have a file with hundreds of lines that looks something like this: Cake 1 3 4 2 3 1 3 Onion 3 2 4 1 3 4 2 Apple 2 3 4 4 1 2 1 Orange 4 3 4 1 2 4 1 Cake 3 1 4 2 4 2 1 Onion 2 4 2 1 4 2 1 Apple 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 Orange 2 1 2 2 2 4 1 Cake 4 3 4 3 1 3 3 ... I'm trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david_seeds
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Multiple Pattern String Matching

I am facing a problem and I would be grateful if you can help me :wall: I have a list of words like And I have a datafile like the box of the box of tissues out of of tissues out of the book, the the book, the pen and the the pen and the I want to find Patterns of “x.*x” where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional string search

Hi, I need to search/grep userid and its value based on a condition that the user id is under the heading "*central_test*" in a big file of about 70808MB. The * represents some strings before and after the string "centrla_test". Could anyone please guide. OS is hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
2 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)