Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Directing only part of a script's output to piped application Post 302471428 by purdym on Friday 12th of November 2010 06:51:01 PM
Old 11-12-2010
Look up what
Code:
[[ -t 0 ]]

Code:
 [[ -t 1 ]]

, etc. does.
Perhaps this is what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directing output

How do I direct the output of an at command at now < backupprogram so that I see something happening. It says the job has been executed but I am not getting the tar file that my backup program on the computer anywhere at all Please help me - I really am a struggling begginer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cynergetix
1 Replies

2. Programming

Regardign strtok() output directing to 2-D string array

Hi, I just wrote a program in C to split a comma seperated string in to group of strings using strtok() function. The code is: int main() { char *temp;//not used here but basically we extract one string after another using strtok() and assign to a string pointer defined like this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directing program output to a file

When I do time tar cvf /dev/st0 /mnt/junk >> /root/benchlog, I want it to put the output of the time command into the benchlog file, but it put /mnt/junk. How do I get it to put the output of the tar command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

directing output to multiple files

I have a script in which some outputs are directed to one file echo "Load Started" >>${LOGFILE1} If I have another file LOGFILE2 and i want to redirect the output of the above echo command to LOGFILE2 as well with the same command line... how can i do that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directing awk output to a folder

Dear All I have a simple bash script that creates a folder ( I called it TEMP) in the current directory. The question is: how do I direct the output of my awk script into folder TEMP? Below is my attempt: #!/bin/bash mkdir TEMP echo Enter input file: read infile awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghetz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find output seems to change when piped

Currently, i am trying to create a simple robust script that is intended to move the contents of a given source directory to a target directory. Optionally, the script should allow to either move the whole source dir content, or dotfiles only, or visible files only. I am aware the target directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shells_bells
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script output should be piped to a file

hi i have a script named mount.sh under the location /data/scripts/ in my aix box i want this script this to be run everyday morning at 04:45 AM and the output of the script should be piped to a file how to do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Re-directing output

ps –xyz >/tmp/proc 2>&1 Can anyone explain what does '2' and '&1' will do here? Thanks to explain (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat piped output

Hello, How can I efficiently cat piped output with another file? > (awk command) | cat file1 (piped output) Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
11 Replies

10. Programming

Running java script from piped output

to run most other scripts through a pipe, something similar to the following is usually enough: cat script.sh | sh cat perl.pl | perl -- "<arguments" However, for javascript command line scripts, i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas? cat hull.js #!/usr/bin/js ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)