Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Output the SQL Query result to a File Post 302471280 by durden_tyler on Friday 12th of November 2010 12:32:29 PM
Old 11-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepurple
...Here is my script that i ran-
#! /bin/ksh
export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2
/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s abc/abc@mydb <<EOF
spool /mycount.txt
set heading off
set feedback 0
set verify off
set auto off
set echo off

@myquery.sql
spool off
!echo "Spool file generated..."
clear buffer
EXIT

EOF
You may want to try the OS's redirection capability here, instead of spool -

Code:
/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s abc/abc@mydb <<EOF >> /mycount.txt

Unfortunately, you are still on Oracle 9i, which is an old version.

From Oracle 10g Release 2 onwards, the spool command comes with an "append" option that appends data to a spool file.

Prior to that version, the spool command creates the spool file every time it is invoked.

HTH,
tyler_durden

Last edited by durden_tyler; 11-12-2010 at 03:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Format the result driven from a SQL Query

Hi All, I want to format the result driven from the query into neat format. For example pls find the below code, #! /bin/sh result=' sqlplus -s uname/passwrd@DBname select no,name,address,ph_no, passport_no,salary,designation from emp_table where salary>1000; exit EOF' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get SQL query result to file in putty

How to Get SQL query result to file in putty? I have one SQL query and I want that query output to be redirected to the file. uname -a SunOS XXX 5.8 Generic_117350-58 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Please suggest. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
7 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      SQL::Translator::Parser(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser - describes how to write a parser DESCRIPTION
Parser modules that get invoked by SQL::Translator need to implement a single function: parse. This function will be called by the SQL::Translator instance as $class::parse($tr, $data_as_string), where $tr is a SQL::Translator instance. Other than that, the classes are free to define any helper functions, or use any design pattern internally that make the most sense. When the parser has determined what exists, it will communicate the structure to the producer through the SQL::Translator::Schema object. This object can be retrieved from the translator (the first argument pass to parse) by calling the schema method: my $schema = $tr->schema; The Schema object has methods for adding tables, fields, indices, etc. For more information, consult the docs for SQL::Translator::Schema and its related modules. For examples of how this works, examine the source code for existing SQL::Translator::Parser::* modules. AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark, <kclark@cpan.org<gt>, darren chamberlain <darren@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), SQL::Translator, SQL::Translator::Schema. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Parser(3pm)