Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 questions about forum use
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators 2 questions about forum use Post 302471242 by Scrutinizer on Friday 12th of November 2010 10:16:50 AM
Old 11-12-2010
1. Search -> Unanswered Threads...
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post UNIX questions in the forum

I guess this is the way I post questions then. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwokang
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Homework Help: On Posting Questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted only in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

About Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Hi, in my case, I have a question for topics that are slightly dealt with in class, which I am investigating on my own but which are not directly related to the lessons. Do I have to put the name of the school and others? (I can't put the name of the professor because is against the school rules... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naky
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
12 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2011-06-22 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)