Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 6.0 Freeze
Operating Systems SCO SCO 6.0 Freeze Post 302471241 by atish0 on Friday 12th of November 2010 10:16:43 AM
Old 11-12-2010
It is a Dell R710 server with Idrac feature, has a seperate NIC for the idrac access to the system console. and we have attached the keyboard and mouse to IBM RCM.

The last time system froze, the console was blank both via dell idrac as well as IBM RCM.

I viewed the /usr/adm/ syslog, rc2.log and messages and did not find any clue that can lead me to what caused the freezing.

where else should I look.

Thanks for all your help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP5 Script 'Freeze' before exiting

I recently upgraded a system from php 4.4.2 to php 5.2.1, and one of my scripts has started behaving very strangely. I've tried google but come up blank so far. Basically what the script does is select a large amount of data from a mysql (4.1.21) database, do some manipulation, the plots a graph... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unbeliever
4 Replies

2. Linux

How to trace the module after system freeze?

Hi, I wrote a kernel module that did a virtual network protocol and library that provide interface for application use to interact with the kernel module by ioctl actions. insmod the module and unload the module, there will be no problem. But once I call the library with my example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
0 Replies

3. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

4. AIX

Freeze user in one directory

Guy's I have user calld appuser home directory of this user is : /app/application when this user login , user will be direct under this directory /app/application I want to keep and freeze this user in his home directory to be able to access only his home directory and denied it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

5. Linux

grub2 startup freeze

I got a dual boot with grub2, but everytime I turn on the computer and the booter is loaded, I can't handle the menu, so I am forced to wait the countdown and choose the default option. I'd really like to know why! This is my grub.cfg, # # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE # # It is automatically... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
0 Replies

6. Debian

Debian on ia64 install - freeze

Hi I try to install debian 6.0.1 on hp rx2600. I boot from the CD i get first boot menu ( i can choose Install/Install(expert)/Rescue modes) after i choose one of above i see messages like : (..) Uncompressing linux..done. (...) Loading file /initrd.gz.. done (...) Linux Version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chesti
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 install freeze

Hi, I tried to boot the Solaris 11 install DVD the other day and I can't get past the "SunOS" text banner on the clear/newscreen. It just hangs with a solid block cursor. I have a new computer and that might be the problem, but what I want is more verbosity maybe, some kind of detailed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eax
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Freeze system

hello is there any freeze software for Linux-redhat system to prevent any changes on /root (wish open topic on right forum) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies
FS_MESSAGES(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_MESSAGES(1)

NAME
       fs_messages - Sets whether the Cache Manager writes log messages

SYNOPSIS
       fs messages [-show (user|console|all|none)] [-help]

fs me [-s (user|console|all|none)] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The fs messages command controls whether the Cache Manager displays status and warning messages on user screens, the client machine
       console, on both, or on neither.

There are two types of Cache Manager messages:

o   User messages provide user-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to user screens.

o   Console messages provide system-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to the client machine's
	   designated console.

Disabling messaging completely is not recommended, because the messages provide useful status and warning information.

OPTIONS
       -show (user|console|all|none)
	   Specifies the types of messages to display. Choose one of the following values:

user
	       Send user messages to user screens.

console
	       Send console messages to the console.

all Send user messages to user screens and console messages to the console (the default if the -show argument is omitted).

none
	       Do not send any messages to user screens or the console.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command instructs the Cache Manager to display both types of messages:

% fs messages -show all

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root.

SEE ALSO
       afsd(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    FS_MESSAGES(1)