Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring clstat X connection ... broken ? Post 302471238 by phobus on Friday 12th of November 2010 10:08:23 AM
Old 11-12-2010
thanks a lot Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken

Ok i am running Linux, or rather was. I can not longer do anything. This was a dns server amoungst other things. It will no longer boot. I have used a startup disk, but how can i recover the OS? I need help and urgently. Please someone thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover X Forwarding after broken connection

Hello, today I logged in on a remote machine via "ssh -X ..." and started a screen session. In this i started OpenOffice.org writer by writing "oowriter". After some time the connection got lost (The network here is quite unstable). Now I logged in again via "ssh -X ...". The screen session is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schola
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Hi All, We use tomcat web server and it will get terminated with below error: connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown) Please let me know how to fix this error. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. AIX

clstat problem

It is a long time since I have used HACMP so I suppose I could be classed as a newbie! The cluster pair is running and I am trying to get the passive node to give me sensible information from the commmand above. However all I can get back is: Can not get cluster information. Check if clinfo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
4 Replies

7. AIX

X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

I want to run applet on AIX 6 machine. I already have setup $DISPLAY variable for putty session by selecting X11 option. I got below error for any X related commands (xclock, X, applet viewer ) X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). Please can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailas.girase
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Connection is broken because of underlying network issues

Hi Guys, I have two databases where I copy archivelog files from server A to server B frequently...yesterday we did the VM upgrade now...I am struggling to copy/ship the files from server A to server B... I manually tested the file transfer but the big files, e.g 46M, stall. I can copy small... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

10. AIX

Clstat not working in a HACMP 7.1.3 cluster

I have troubles making clstat work. All the "usual suspects" have been covered but still no luck. The topology is a two-node active/passive with only one network-interface (it is a test-setup). The application running is SAP with DB/2 as database. We do not use SmartAssists or other gadgets. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
8 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)