Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Apache virtualhost dinternal domain Post 302471233 by warpzero on Friday 12th of November 2010 09:51:01 AM
Old 11-12-2010
As you are using the same ip address for both sites and intend to do name based hosting you have to uncomment the "NameVirtualHost".

Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache httpd.conf <VirtualHost> issue

I have just configured httpd.conf on a new Redhat 9 install. Below are my additions to httpd.conf. Everything works fine except that when typing http://spetnik.d2g.com into my web browser, I am sent to the "Default catch all" site. Any clues? NameVirtualHost *:80 #Default catch all ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache not logging virtual domain

A client has asked us to set up a different domain (as an alias for their site) which they could use on certain marketing material and hence measure the campaign's effectiveness. We've set it up and it all seems to be working fine except that the access log file for the new domain is stuck at zero... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fire>ant>
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Apache: Forward Proxy Via Virtualhost

I've set up a forward proxy within a VirtualHost (see below) on Apache 2.2.11. I then browse using mydomain.com:80 as the proxy - I've also tried using the IP address of the VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80. It works fine, the only problem is that in both cases the server's main IP address is always... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krunksta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

virtualhost script

can anyone help me to write a script to delete the virtualhost entry in apache vhosts.conf file: hint: when i enter ./deletedomain test.com it should delete the test.com virtualhost entry from vhosts.conf file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssooraj72
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

apache httpd virtual hosts setup keep hitting the same VirtualHost

I'm trying to set up two virtual hosts. Here's my httpd config: <Directory /Users/userX/dev/sandbox-2> Order deny,allow deny from All Allow from localhost </Directory> NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1 <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1> DocumentRoot "/Users/userX/dev/sandbox-2" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GlideK
0 Replies

7. Linux

Apache/2.2.25 VirtualHost not working

I am having problems in implementing the virtual hosts here in my server. I have this one cloud dev server: Amazon Linux AMI release 2013.03 (based on RHEL like CentOS) with Apache 2.2.25 installed and I'm trying to create 2 virtual hosts: test-kalc.tk and test2-kalc.tk. If I go to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpdoria
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SVN for actual VirtualHost

hi, Earlier I had this thread posted on "UNIX for Experts" Group here in unix.com, but somehow no one bothered to respond, so I thought someone might be able to help me here. In short, I have to make accessible a directory via SVN to all 5 developers, call it /var/www/html/beta3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
0 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)