Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming creating a message queue using mq_open Post 302470985 by a_programmer on Thursday 11th of November 2010 03:42:35 PM
Old 11-11-2010
Quote:
mq_open( "/iothreadNewTest", oflags,(S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR),NULL)
What value are you using for oflags? If this is the first time you are connecting to this queue, you need to pass O_CREAT to tell mq_open to create the queue.

Here is a link to very good documentation on all the mq_ functions (and other POSIX functions), that I found very helpful while implementing a message-queue based solution:
Alphabetical Index - M

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

error mq_open message queue

Hello, J work on a HP. I want to create message queue by using mq_open with this parameters: mq_open(p,O_CREAT|O_WRONLY|O_EXCL|0_NONBLOCK,0600,&queue_attr) with p char and the function returns the value -1 and errno equal 2. can you help me ? Thank. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
3 Replies

3. Programming

Message Queue with fork() help

hi all... ive been trying this program where i spawn 4 threads... and i am trying to use message queue to send msgs from 3 of the threads to the parent thread... but it doent seem to be working... ive almost pulled out my hair tryin to fix the prob :confused: another wierd thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

4. Programming

message queue

Hello, i need to write a message queue "chat server", that should work only localy. Can anyone please help me with some ideas and peshaps code. I'm studying the UNIX IPC mechanisms right now. So far, i understand how it works but i still cannot get an idea how to write a chat programm... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etenv
2 Replies

5. Programming

URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction??

hello, I had to implement a message queue application....between 30 processes...... all 30 proceses are getting data from serial port.... And here is THE FLOW::::::::1 connector process...which is linked with message queue to all the 30 applications. Processes get the data from serial port and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

6. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

7. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Message Queue in Linux

Hello How can I see the created message queues in the system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
4 Replies

9. Programming

Permission denied when creating message queue

Hi guys. i have wrote a simple program to test message queue attributes. here it is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <mqueue.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #include <sys/stat.h> int main() { struct mq_attr attr; mqd_t mqd; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

10. Programming

POSIX message queue mq_open directory

hello, I try to test the POSIX mq_open function on book unp like below: #include "unpipc.h" # include <mqueue.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { int c, flags; mqd_t mqd; flags = O_RDWR | O_CREAT; while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "e")) != -1) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anpufeng
3 Replies
mq_unlink(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      mq_unlink(3)

NAME
mq_unlink - Removes a message queue (P1003.1b) LIBRARY
Realtime Library (librt.so, librt.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <mqueue.h> int mq_unlink ( const char *name); PARAMETERS
*name Specifies a pointer to the pathname of a message queue. DESCRIPTION
The mq_unlink function removes a message queue named by the pathname. After a successful call to this function, subsequent calls to the mq_open function fail if they specify the queue identified by the name argument and the O_CREAT flag is not set. Close the connection to the queue with a call to the mq_close function before calling the mq_unlink function. If one or more processes have the message queue open when mq_unlink is called, destruction of the queue is postponed until all references to the message queue are removed. In this situation, the mq_unlink function returns immediately, without waiting for all queue references to be closed. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the function returns the value 0 (zero); otherwise, the function returns the value -1, sets errno to indicate the error, and the message queue remains. ERRORS
The mq_unlink function fails under the following conditions: [EACCES] Permission is denied to unlink the message queue. [ENAMETOOLONG] The length of the name string exceeds {NAME_MAX} while {_POSIX_NO_TRUNC} is in effect. [ENOENT] The named message queue does not exist. Additionally, any error that can be returned by the open or fstat file system calls can be returned by the mq_unlink function. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: mq_close(3), mq_open(3) Guide to Realtime Programming delim off mq_unlink(3)