Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp
Operating Systems AIX scp Post 302470984 by a_programmer on Thursday 11th of November 2010 03:26:42 PM
Old 11-11-2010
scp works similar to cp command, except you need to specify the source or destination remote machine.
So, doing scp -rp will take care of copying entire directory.

The only issue I have seen with file permissions is that sometimes scp -f does not work if the remote file has no write permission. In such cases I have to first delete the remote file and then copy over the new file.
This User Gave Thanks to a_programmer For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scp

I am trying to transfer a 10g files using scp, but I am getting timeout errors is there anywhere that I can modify a config file or something to increase the time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with scp

hi all in my script i was using the "scp" command to copy 2 files from a certain directory on server A to the same directory on another server B, but for some reason its only copying the first file in the directory. This is the frst time that i used the scp command,any ideas appreciated. thnks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this possible with SCP?

I normally download a directory recursively using: scp -r <name>@host:<path> . This has worked fine. As everyone knows this will download all of the directory named in <path> and all of the sub directories. I would like to know if it is possible to not download a particular file if it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

scp with su

Hi Friends, I am trying to copy some files over the network in between my linux servers. I am using scp command for this. by default direct ssh root login is disabled on all of my linux servers. Normaly we used to login as a normal user and the su to th root user. unfortunately root user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP

Hi All, Please help on the below command scp -r 'directory name'inrvgo@IP:/export/home/muthu/prod_12-09-2010 I am trying to copy a directory from one server to another server using the above command but its displaing the error (missing destination file) but the diectory was there in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need help with scp

Hi, I am trying to do scp from server A to server B. But while doing the scp i am getting the following message. +-----------------------------------------------------------------+ | This system is for the use of authorized users only. | | Individuals using this computer system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use scp?

How to copy multiple directories using single command on solaris 10 from server A to server B. I tried scp but its working only one directory at atime How to acheive this with simple and short solution????? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
6 Replies
SIGRETURN(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						      SIGRETURN(2)

NAME
sigreturn -- return from signal LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigreturn(const ucontext_t *scp); DESCRIPTION
The sigreturn() system call allows users to atomically unmask, switch stacks, and return from a signal context. The thread's signal mask and stack status are restored from the context structure pointed to by scp. The system call does not return; the users stack pointer, frame pointer, argument pointer, and processor status longword are restored from the context. Execution resumes at the specified pc. This system call is used by the trampoline code and longjmp(3) when returning from a signal to the previously executing program. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the system call does not return. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sigreturn() system call will fail and the thread context will remain unchanged if one of the following occurs. [EFAULT] The scp argument points to memory that is not a valid part of the process address space. [EINVAL] The process status longword is invalid or would improperly raise the privilege level of the process. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), setjmp(3), ucontext(3) HISTORY
The sigreturn() system call appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
September 6, 2013 BSD