Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check number or character of a file Post 302470967 by onesuri on Thursday 11th of November 2010 01:30:50 PM
Old 11-11-2010
Hi,
I am using control-m to trigger the shell script every 5 mins.

time slot to trigger shell script
example:

10.00 - automatically trigger the shell script -in my source directory i have 2 files[101111_EMP_3333.csv,101011_SALES_2345.csv]. those two files are processed. this looks fine.

10.05 - automatically trigger the shell script - no files present in the source directory- it wont execute the script. this looks file.

10.10 - automatically trigger the script-i have 2 files in the source directory-[101010_EMP_2222.csv,101111_SALES_6789.csv]. started processing for the first file- it takes 6 mins to complete then next file completed 3 mins.- total execution time is 9 mins.

10.13. i have one more file[101015_EMP_6666.csv] in the source file directory. this file will not execute here until the above two files should complete.what is the condition i have to place in this situation.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/sh

if [ $# -ne 1 ]
then
	exho "paramter missing"
	exit 1
fi

Indir=$1

new()
{
for x in `ls $Indir | egrep '[0-9].*_'$flag'_.*(csv$|cma$)'`
do
y=`echo $x|cut -d '_' -f2`

case $y in
	$y ) echo " souce file found" ; wc -l $x;mv $x /home/bkp/        # doing many calaculations here based on the file. 
	;;
	* ) echo "source data file not found"
	;;
esac
done
}

flag=EMP
new $Indir $flag &

flag=SALES
new $Indir $flag &

wait
echo "completed"

Any help greatly appriciated.

thanks
Suri

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

hw can i count the number of character in a file by perl

i want to count the number of character contained in afile using perl cript help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search string and number in one file and check in the other file

Hi, Can anyone help in the below problem. file1 has the below contents fileset 999 primary-ilist inode 37020 has invalid dotdot (426094) -> Not exist fileset 999 primary-ilist inode 115016 dup block ->... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: knshree
9 Replies

3. AIX

check for a particular character inside a file and substitute with a given character?

i am a newbie to shell script,so i want a kshell script in which i need to check for a particular character inside a file through conditional looping(like if ,case,while)and if that character exists ,then substitute a given character to that character. consider a file test.txt,inside the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikprasathk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if the first character is a alphabet or number

Hi, I need to find whether the first character in a line is a alphabet or a number. If its a number i should sort it numerically. If its a alphabet i should sort it based on the ASCII value.And if it is something other than alphabet or number then sort it based on ASCII value. The code i used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check number of character

hi, I would like to calculate number of character for a number, for exemple : 1200 --> there are 4 characters , 120001 -> 5 characters (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for a character at last line of the file?

this is the csv file. i want to check the last line contains the character N. Record Type#Batch Job ID#Batch Number#FileCreation Date#FileCreation Time#Production/Test Fileindicator#File Character H#0002#0002#20100218#17.25#P#barani Record Type#A#B#C#D#E#F#G#H#J#K#L... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check newline character in file?

Hi All, I have file with only one record,always be only one record. as like below. if that line contains newline end of the line..no need to add, if not just add the new line character. END OF FILE. ROW COUNT: 7 Please help me.. Thanks, (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Junk character in sql file

Hello, I have two .sql files which I transferred from Windows to Unix (Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3).I want to ensure that these two files have no junk characters in them.How do I do it in the simplest possible way? Many thanks DJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check for a number inside the file in UNIX

Hi Gurus I am a newbie to Unix programming and I am having a difficulty in finding out a number which is present in a file and storing it in a variable so that i can use it in my shell script. The content of the file "count" is: Count of the files=11 I need to just store the value 11 in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramgk9
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check number of group of file.?

Hi Gurus, I need check existing number of file based on the list in file list. for example: in my file list. I have below: abc, file1.txt abc, file2.txt abc, file3.txt abc, file4.txt cde, filea1.txt cde, filea2.txt cde, filea3.txt ... in my current file direcotry, I have file:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
0 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. Debian Project 2011-08-14 dpkg-trigger(1)