Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Output the SQL Query result to a File Post 302470891 by thepurple on Thursday 11th of November 2010 10:26:55 AM
Old 11-11-2010
Hi VBE,

can you please show me exact way.

Much appreciated..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Format the result driven from a SQL Query

Hi All, I want to format the result driven from the query into neat format. For example pls find the below code, #! /bin/sh result=' sqlplus -s uname/passwrd@DBname select no,name,address,ph_no, passport_no,salary,designation from emp_table where salary>1000; exit EOF' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get SQL query result to file in putty

How to Get SQL query result to file in putty? I have one SQL query and I want that query output to be redirected to the file. uname -a SunOS XXX 5.8 Generic_117350-58 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Please suggest. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
7 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies