Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace the | with Comma
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace the | with Comma Post 302470650 by bharathappriyan on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 05:28:27 PM
Old 11-10-2010
Could you please explain how it works?

Thanks
bharathappriyan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace , (comma) with space

Hi, what is the better way to replace the , (comma) with a space char? Example:STRING=dir1,dir2,dir3 toSTRING=dir1 dir2 dir3 And.. how to find if in the string there is a comma? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with comma in perl

arr_Ent_NameId variable holds 'Prakash pawar' 'sag' '23' '50000' this value 'Prakash pawar' 'sag' '23' '50000' I want to replace space( ) with comma (,) There are 4 fields here. I don't want to replace first field with comma. output should be: 'Prakash,pawar','sag','23','50000' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe <|> with comma <,> in a column

Hi All Gurus, I need to replace a pipe <|> with a comma <,> in a few columns with pipe delimited file. The column name are fixed for the replacement of comma <,>. For below example, Col3, Col6 and Col8 are columns need to replace with comma <,> if any pipe encountered. example:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace two or more spaces with one comma?

I'm using sh on hp-ux. I've got a file that looks like this. -5.65 175 -16.17 160 -13.57 270 -51.72 260 -8.30 360 -42.71 460 -.38 375 -.20 375 -4.15 170 -21.53 560 -18.84 360 I'd like to replace all the whitespace between the columns with one comma. I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to replace newline with comma

Hi Experts, I need an urgent help in replacing newline characters in my single column file by a comma. I am using following command for this purpose: sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' parameter.rtf | rev | cut -c 4- | revMy input file has: TABLE_1 TABLE_2 TABLE_3 What I need:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerndg123
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies
GSS_INQUIRE_NAMES_FOR_MECH(3)					Programmer's Manual				     GSS_INQUIRE_NAMES_FOR_MECH(3)

NAME
gss_inquire_names_for_mech -- List the name-types supported by the specified mechanism SYNOPSIS
#include <gssapi/gssapi.h> OM_uint32 gss_inquire_names_for_mech(OM_uint32 *minor_status, const gss_OID mechanism, gss_OID_set *name_types); DESCRIPTION
Returns the set of name-types supported by the specified mechanism. PARAMETERS
minor_status Mechanism specific status code. mechanism The mechanism to be interrogated. name_types Set of name-types supported by the specified mechanism. The returned OID set must be freed by the application after use with a call to gss_release_oid_set(). RETURN VALUES
GSS_S_COMPLETE Successful completion SEE ALSO
gss_release_oid_set(3) STANDARDS
RFC 2743 Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2, Update 1 RFC 2744 Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings HISTORY
The gss_inquire_names_for_mech function first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
John Wray, Iris Associates COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2000). All Rights Reserved. This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any kind, pro- vided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative works. However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other Internet organiza- tions, except as needed for the purpose of developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than English. The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns. This document and the information contained herein is provided on an "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BSD
January 26, 2010 BSD