Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling perl commands in shell Post 302470622 by deindorfer on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 02:43:09 PM
Old 11-10-2010
cpan prerequisites follow

In ~/.cpan/CPAN/ there is a file called MyConfig.pm. This is where your configuration is written when you type "o conf commit" at the cpan shell. You already have figured out the directive to set, "prerequisites_policy" and that should be set to "follow", which will automatically try and pull in any dependencies for you.

Once you have set that ( either in the cpan shell, or by editing ~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm directly), why not just do this:
Code:
cpan install YAML::XS >> cpan.log 2>&1
cpan install JSON::XS >> cpan.log 2>&1

That should silence any messages to the screen and keep a record for you ( "cpan.log" ), in case anything blew up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl modules from shell scritps

hi, Is it possible to call a perl function from a perl module from within a shell script. I have a similar requirement. Thanks in advance, Kavitha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavitha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling CGI Perl in Shell script [urgent]

All I want to call a perl program from my shell script. Please help me. I want to call through URL only. Like " http://www.test.com/CGI-bin/test?test=value" Please help to write this script. Thanx in advance. Thanking you Regards Deepak Xavier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl calling unix system commands

if ( system ("/bin/cat $File1 >> $File2") ) { print("#WARNING RAISED : /bin/cat File1 >> File2 - FAILURE!\n"); } I came across this code, would appreciate if someone can tell me if my understanding is correct? the perl code tell the system to cat file 1 into file 2, if command fails, print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script from perl

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right forum to post query regarding perl script. I have a perl script which internally calls a shell script. My problem is that the shell script should be passed command line arguments. I call a shell script from perl using: system("sript.sh"); How do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling GDB commands from Shell

Hi, I have just started off with the shell programming. I need to execute a GDB command from a shell script. I have been trying to get this working from quite sometime but not getting it quite right.I have this specific requirement that i read byte data from a file and write that data to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl script in shell program

How to call a perl script in shell program / shell scripting. PLS HELP ME (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to accept arguments in shell script when calling in perl

I have a shell script like this: #!/bin/sh $PYTHON MetarDecoder.py < ../data/mtrs/arg1/arg2 And I'm calling it with this in perl: my $output = `./metar_parse.sh --options`; It's successful when I put in actual values for arg1 and arg2 in the shell script, but I'd like to pass arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civilsurfer
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl from shell script

I am calling a perl script from shell script. $ cat mah_appln_bkp_oln.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /udb/home/udbappln/.profile . /udb/home/udbappln/sqllib/db2profile Com=/udb/udbappln/utility/systemscripts/currentUMR perl $Com/backup.pl -d dbname --tsm --purgetsmcopies 21 --purgetsmlogs exit 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies
yum-debug-restore(1)													      yum-debug-restore(1)

NAME
yum-debug-restore - replay Yum transactions captured in a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-restore DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-restore is a program which takes a gzipped file created by yum-debug-dump and acts on the information about installed packages contained within. GENERAL OPTIONS
--output Output the commands that would be run to stdout. --shell=<file> Output the commands that would be run to a file. --install-latest Ask yum to install the latest version of the given packages, instead of the version that was installed in the debug-dump file. --ignore-arch Ignore the architecture of the packages, so you can "restore" an i386 debug-dump on an x86_64 machine. --filter-types=[install,remove,update,downgrade] Only perform the given types of commands, so you can filter to just upgrades and installs. FILES
As yum-debug-restore uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-dump (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 15 December 2011 yum-debug-restore(1)