Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting listing Directory chronologically based on part of file name Post 302470608 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 01:21:24 PM
Old 11-10-2010
-nsort numerically
-t_ use _ as field separator
-k3,3first use field 3
-k2,2and then use field 2

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-10-2010 at 03:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove part of file names in a directory

Hi, i have a directory full of pictures, .jpg files. Half of them begin with "beach_" (for ex beach_123_123456.jpg) i'm looking for a command to remove the "beach_" from all files in the directory. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmanalio
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File listing from remote to local directory

Hello, I have a file at remote server. I have to select only current day's files that are dropped on ftp server. The files do not have date or timestamp on them. so I plan to get the file listing from remote server to the local server. Based on file listing date I can find out when the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Listing from remote to loca directory using SFTP

Hello, Using ftp i was able to get a directory listing to local directory. ftp - i <host_name> ftp <user> ftp <password> dir <dir> 200 PORT command successful 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list -rw-rw-r-- 1 <uuu> <kkk> 160384 Apr 13 19:38 walmart.txt 226... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove part of a file based on identifiers

here below is a part of the file cat fileName.txt NAME=APP-VA-va_mediaservices-113009-VA_MS_MEDIA_SERVER_NOT_PRESENT-S FIXED=false DATE= 2013-02-19 03:46:04.4 PRIORITY=HIGH RESOURCE NAME=ccm113 NAME=APP-DS-ds_ha-140020-databaseReplicationFailure-S FIXED=false DATE= 2013-02-19... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a part of file based on string identifiers

consider below file contents cat myOutputFIle.txt 8 CCM-HQE-ResourceHealthCheck: Resource List : No RED/UNKNOWN resource Health entries found ---------------------------------------------------------- 9 CCM-TraderLogin-Status: Number of logins: 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discard part of a file based on a pattern ---

I have the file: s3_T0(2) Pos "1" "2" s1_T1(2) Pos "1" "2" --- 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 --- 1 2 "tau0" 1 2 "h10" I want to patternmatch on --- and get only the third part i.e. 1 2 "tau0" 1 2 "h10" I wanted to start simple but even something like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle_fly
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Listing a file/directory with 7 letters long

I know that I can use wild cards:ls ???????to list files 7 characters long, but how do i omit the .?! and spaces? Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiya54
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
DROP 
TABLE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLE(7) NAME
DROP TABLE - remove a table SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLE removes tables from the database. Only its owner can drop a table. To empty a table of rows without destroying the table, use DELETE [delete(7)] or TRUNCATE [truncate(7)]. DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified. (CASCADE will remove a dependent view entirely, but in the foreign-key case it will only remove the foreign-key constraint, not the other table entirely.) PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two tables, films and distributors: DROP TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLE(7)