Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet? Post 302470477 by Corona688 on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 09:09:49 AM
Old 11-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You type as if you don't have an Android phone.
You type like you haven't programmed in Java.

You haven't answered my points. Yes, you can move files, add files, and remove files from the CLI. Since programs are files, that includes programs, so I'd expected that much. But can you actually use any of them from there? Really use, without having to launch a GUI and mash buttons. Given it's Java, I don't think that's too likely in general. I'd love to be wrong.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How do i start a new thread with my android phone?

thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
6 Replies
jvisualvm(1)						      General Commands Manual						      jvisualvm(1)

NAME
jvisualvm - Java Virtual Machine Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Profiling Tool SYNOPSIS
jvisualvm [ options ] PARAMETERS
Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. Options may be in any order. For a discussion of parameters that apply to a specific option, see OPTIONS below. DESCRIPTION
Java VisualVM is an intuitive graphical user interface that provides detailed information about Java technology-based applications (Java applications) while they are running on a given Java Virtual Machine (JVM(*)). The name Java VisualVM comes from the fact that Java Visu- alVM provides information about the JVM software visually. Java VisualVM combines several monitoring, troubleshooting, and profiling utilities into a single tool. For example, most of the function- ality offered by the standalone tools jmap, jinfo, jstat and jstack have been integrated into Java VisualVM. Other functionalities, such as some of those offered by the JConsole tool, can be added as optional plug-ins. OPTIONS
The following option is possible when you launch Java VisualVM. -J<jvm_option> Pass this <jvm_option> to the JVM software. USAGE
Java VisualVM is useful to Java application developers to troubleshoot applications and to monitor and improve the applications' perfor- mance. Java VisualVM can allow developers to generate and analyse heap dumps, track down memory leaks, perform and monitor garbage collec- tion, and perform lightweight memory and CPU profiling. Plug-ins also exist that expand the functionality of Java VisualVM. For example, most of the functionality of the JConsole tool is available via the MBeans Tab and JConsole Plug-in Wrapper plug-ins. You can choose from a catalog of standard Java VisualVM plug-ins by selecting 'Tools' | 'Plugins' in the Java VisualVM menus. Start Java VisualVM with the following command: % jvisualvm <options> SEE ALSO
For more details about Java VisualVM see the following pages. o Java VisualVM developers' site @ https://visualvm.dev.java.net o Java VisualVM in Java SE platform documentation @ http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/visualvm/index.html (* The terms "Java Virtual Machine" and "JVM" mean a Virtual Machine for the Java platform.) 26 Mar 2008 jvisualvm(1)