Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is singleton class ?
Top Forums Programming What is singleton class ? Post 302470401 by parusasi on Wednesday 10th of November 2010 03:39:06 AM
Old 11-10-2010
Hi ,
A singleton class means you instantiate only one object of that class at a time. For example if you want to make an application in such a way that only one instance of that exe should execute at a time, you can make that class a singleton class. To make a class a singleton class, you have to make its contrustors private and write a static method for creating an object.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

It's first class!

Hi..!!!You have a very nice web-site! Good work!I am also webmaster and I like this one!Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hardan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

3. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

4. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

5. Programming

C++ abstract (singleton) factory implementation...

I want to create an abstract factory template which will allow me to pass in an "ID" for a subclass and return the singleton instance of that class stored in the factory. It'd be easy to adapt for "multi-ton", but for its present use this isn't necessary. The requirements are: - I don't want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
2 Replies

6. Programming

C++ singleton

How to write a class that can only be instancialized once? what about my implementation below? #include<iostream> #include<stdexcept> using namespace std; class Singleton { public: int b; Singleton(); private: static int num; }; int Singleton::num = 1; (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX errpt : ( E7A89C7D Local adapter disabled after unstable singleton for long time )

Medel : 9117-MMC OS: AIX 6.1 Patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 Hacmp version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 Oracle : 11.2.0.3 RAC Node : 2 node Dear, my one node server has been restarted early this morning, So, i tried to start HA and Oracle database. after that, the follow error appears at the node... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomato00
1 Replies
ecppc(1)							Tntnet users guide							  ecppc(1)

NAME
ecppc - compiler for ecpp SYNOPSIS
ecppc [-bhszvtM] [-s-] [-o filename] [-n name] [-m mimetype] [--mimetypes filename] [-I dir] [-l log-category] filename ecppc -bb filename... DESCRIPTION
Ecppc is the compiler for the ecpp-language. Ecpp is a template-language, which lets the user embed C++-code into HTML for use in tntnet (8). Ecppc generates a C++-class from a ecpp-template. It can also compile binary data into a C++-class, which makes it possible to inte- grate them in a tntnet-application. OPTIONS
-b This enables binary-mode. Ecppc does not look for ecpp-tags, but creates a class, which just copies the data -bb This enables multi-binary-mode. Every binary-file has some overhead, when packed into a tntnet-application. This overhead can be quite significant, when binary-files are small, like small icons in a web application. To reduce this overhead, multiple binaries can be packed into a single class, which removes the per-binary overhead completely. When the component is called, it uses the path-info-parameter (request.getPathInfo()) from the request, to decide, which binary to send. If no filename matches the path-info, processing is declined. The binaries need not be of same mime-type, since the mime- type is looked automatically from the mime-database by file-extension of the source-file. -I dir Search include-files in directory. This option can be passed multiple times. All specified directories are searched in turn for include-files. -l log-category Set log category. Default is "component.componentname". -L Disable generation of #line-directives -m mimetype Set mimetype of output. This is the mimetype, sent by the component to the browser in the Content-Type-header. Without this param- eter the mimetype is looked up from the mime-database of your system using the file-extension of the source-file. --mimetypes file Read mimetypes from file (default: /etc/mime.types). -M This disables normal processing and prints just the ecpp-dependencies from this component. The output can be included into a Make- file. Ecpp-dependencies are introduces by the <%include>-tag. -n name Set the name of the component. Normally this is derived from the source-file-name by removing the path and .ecpp-extension. -o filename Write the generated file to the specified file instead of deriving the filename from the source-file-name. The outputfilename is normally the source-file where the extension is replaced by .cpp. -p Keep path name when deriving name of component from input file name. -s Generate singleton. Normally ecppc decides automatically, if the template is suitable for a singleton. This option force ecppc to generate a singleton. -s- Do not generate a singleton. -v Enable verbose mode. This prints additional information about the processing on the standard-output. -z Compress the data in the component. Compressed data is automatically decopressed on first use. This reduces the code-size, but slightly slows down the first call of the component. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. SEE ALSO
tntnet(1), ecpp(7), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). Tntnet 2006-07-23 ecppc(1)