Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas ) Post 302470288 by filosophizer on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 04:28:51 PM
Old 11-09-2010
This is another SYSTEM, it is IBM P 550 with 6 Processors and with Memory 96GB / 32GB Paging Space. 1000 users connecting concurrently to the Oracle Database

This is one of the best topics and most useful one as many companies buy AIX machines solely for Oracle Database.

The machine is still running slow. How can one trace and fine tune ?

Code:
 Disk    Busy%     KBPS     TPS KB-Read KB-Writ  Steals     3458  % Comp     90.0
  hdisk1   98.5     1.6K  333.5     1.2K  446.0   PgspIn      307  % Noncomp   9.9
  hdisk2   88.5    10.8K  757.5     3.1K    7.7K  PgspOut     111  % Client    9.9
  hdisk3    5.5   412.0    16.0     4.0   408.0   PageIn     1095
  hdisk4    0.0     0.0     0.0     0.0     0.0   PageOut    2179  PAGING SPACE
                                                  Sios       3271  Size,MB   33408
  Name            PID  CPU%  PgSp Owner                            % Used     35.5
  oracle      3141878  14.2  19.4 oraprod         NFS (calls/sec)  % Free     65.5
  oracle      3313978   5.9  34.9 oraprod         ServerV2       0

Paging space is 35 .5 % 

Hdisk 1 (which is internal server hard disk  not storage )is used with 98 %

Hdisk2 is storage disk (which had DB )

Last edited by filosophizer; 12-12-2010 at 08:57 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Memory usage statistic? (topas, nmon)

hi, how can i diplay: - the ammount RAM used /free - ammount of ram used from a pid or prozess we have the problem, that malloc is returing a NULL pointer errno = 12 ( not enough space). but i think there is still ram free. nmon : shows all memory used ? Memory Use Physical Virtual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

skgpspawn failed running oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on aix 5.3

Hi, I am running an oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on ibm p5 550 aix 5.3 with 10g ram, 10G swap space 3 database instances each SGA about 500Meg. I am getting the following error in my alert log file from time to time: skgpspawn failed:category = 27142, depinfo = 11, op = fork, loc = skgpspawn3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkerpacific
0 Replies

3. AIX

nmon vs topas

good morning what is the better solution to examen a P570 ? because i use topas and nmon, and the results are totally different !!! with nmon, i have 80% free cpu, and with nmon, i have 90% of used cpu !!!!!! i take a shot with an intervall of 10s during 10 mn. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script automatically when threshold limit met in one of the field in oracle database

Hi Guys, Need you help in one point! I am working on one shell script which takes following steps : 1. Taking one query result from oracle database 2. Exporting that result to Xls file 3. Mailing that file to my own mail ID Now, I want to give a threshold limit to one of the column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
0 Replies

7. AIX

Need to check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX

Hello, Please help me with a script with which I can check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX server running very slow

Hello, All the commands on AIX are running very slow. Below is few stats but I didn't find any issue in cpu or memory reosurces vmstat System configuration: lcpu=4 mem=6144MB ent=1.00 kthr memory page faults cpu ----- -----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)													    OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

oci_set_client_info - Sets the client information

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_info (resource $connection, string $client_info) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client information for Oracle tracing. The client information is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The client information can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_info - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client information <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the client information oci_set_client_info($c, 'My Application Version 2'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the client // information: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select client_info from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)