Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting line count with if /else - syntax errors Post 302470266 by DGPickett on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 03:38:57 PM
Old 11-09-2010
Code tags are a button just left of php, adds [ + CODE + ] before and [ + / + CODE + ] after to instruct the server on formatting.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Syntax errors :/

I recently started as an intern and my manager wanted to see how well I would handle Korn Bourne shell scripting without any prior experience, I have prior programming experience but I keep running into syntax errors with AWK. Please take a look at my simple code and tell me what stupid mistake... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl version for syntax errors

All, Does it matter what perl verios your running when you get syntax errors? on version 5.6.1 the code works fine, but on 5.8.0 the code gets errors? #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; #use warnings; my $mess = 'messages'; my $mess1 = 'messages.1'; my $mess2 = 'messages.2'; my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Syntax Errors

Hi, I am a newbie to PERL and working on a script. When running it I get a lot of compilation errors. The actual command in the program (which is within a case structure) is given below # This gives the actual count of inquires from a log file (It works fine when I type this on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I dont really think that the math header has syntax errors

Hi, Mini:Evaluator develop$ make bison -d grammar.y grammar.y: conflicts: 24 shift/reduce flex rules.l cc -0 -o Evaluator grammar.tab.c lex.yy.c -ly -ll -lm In file included from grammar.y:3: /usr/include/architecture/i386/math.h:310: error: syntax error before numeric constant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcerka
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Seek help on shell script syntax errors

I want to delete archivelog files that has been archived and applied from primary database to standby database. This piece of script is working in Linux server. However, I copy it to Unix server with tiny modification. It won't work and generate the error message. I have checked code carefullt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of errors within logs for last 6 months

I have directory /test/logs which has multiple logs: audit.log audit.log.1 audit.log.2 audit.log.3 audit.log.4 audit.log.5 audit.log is current log file and audit.log.X are archive log files. I need to search within these log files and count word "error-5" logged within last 6 months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell scrip syntax errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This script will analyse the channels.txt e registrations.txt and it will allow to mage the channels and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demas
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding latest file in dir but getting syntax errors

I believe there are couple of syntax issues in my script, couldn't find them :( can someone help me with fixing it to make it work. cd /abcde/ #get the latest filename excluding subdirs filename=`ls -ltr | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` #get system date and file timestamp and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)