Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date One Week Ago From Given Date, Not From Current Date Post 302470235 by pravin27 on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 02:01:59 PM
Old 11-09-2010
Try this,

Code:
perl -e 'use Time::Local; use POSIX 'strftime';  print strftime "%d/%m/%Y\n", localtime timelocal(0,0,0,23,7-1,2010) - (7*24*60*60);

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date IN UNIX

Hi, Anybody knows how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date through UNIX script. Ex : - If today is 28th Mar 2010 then I have to delete the files which arrived on 1st Mar 2010, (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we get every tuesday or monday's date for the current week

Hi Can we get every tuesday or monday's date for the current week ? For the current week i need tuesday's date or monday's date in %m%d%y fromat Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract week start,end date from given date in PERL

Hi All, what i want to do in perl is i should give the date at run time .Suppose date given is 23/12/2011(mm/dd/yyyy) the perl script shold find week start date, week end date, previous week start date,end date,next week start date, end date. In this case week start date will be-:12/19/2011... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we get Tuesday's date of the current week in UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement which would calculate the Tuesday's date of the current week in yyyymmdd format in unix shell script. Please help me out how could I do this . I appreciate your help Regards, raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies
TIMEGM(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 TIMEGM(3)

NAME
timegm, timelocal - inverses of gmtime and localtime SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> time_t timelocal(struct tm *tm); time_t timegm(struct tm *tm); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): timelocal(), timegm(): Since glibc 2.19: _DEFAULT_SOURCE Glibc 2.19 and earlier: _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The functions timelocal() and timegm() are the inverses of localtime(3) and gmtime(3). Both functions take a broken-down time and convert it to calendar time (seconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000, UTC). The difference between the two functions is that timelo- cal() takes the local timezone into account when doing the conversion, while timegm() takes the input value to be Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). RETURN VALUE
On success, these functions return the calendar time (seconds since the Epoch), expressed as a value of type time_t. On error, they return the value (time_t) -1 and set errno to indicate the cause of the error. ERRORS
EOVERFLOW The result cannot be represented. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------------------+---------------+--------------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------------------+---------------+--------------------+ |timelocal(), timegm() | Thread safety | MT-Safe env locale | +----------------------+---------------+--------------------+ CONFORMING TO
These functions are nonstandard GNU extensions that are also present on the BSDs. Avoid their use. NOTES
The timelocal() function is equivalent to the POSIX standard function mktime(3). There is no reason to ever use it. SEE ALSO
gmtime(3), localtime(3), mktime(3), tzset(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2016-12-12 TIMEGM(3)