Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pattern parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern parsing Post 302470179 by BeefStu on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 11:25:05 AM
Old 11-09-2010
Thanks guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert new pattern in newline after the nth occurrence of a line pattern - Bash in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi, I am getting crazy after days on looking at it: Bash in Ubuntu 12.04.1 I want to do this: pattern="system /path1/file1 file1" new_pattern=" data /path2/file2 file2" file to edit: data.db - I need to search in the file data.db for the nth occurrence of pattern - pattern must... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and timestamp a pattern in log

Hello Thanks to Chubler_XL and MadeInGermany for their help few weeks ago. Now, i would like modifying the script, see the next POST. The old script works like that : I picked any random hours In the logs there is the stamp time of webservices, i can see the behavior or errors of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing file with combination of pattern

I have a file1 like prt1|als28.1 prt3|als53.1 prt2|als550.1 prt1|bls9.2 prt2|als7.2 prt2|bls0.2 prt2|als872.1 prt1|bls871.1 prt2|als6.2 prt4|als22.1 prt2|bls43.2 I want to create a file2 from this file by comparing all the possible combinations of patterns (prt) assuming prt1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
jfs_logdump(8)						  JFS utility - journal log dump					    jfs_logdump(8)

NAME
jfs_logdump - dump a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
jfs_logdump [ -a ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_logdump dumps the contents of the journal log from the specified JFS formatted device into output file ./jfslog.dmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the journal log will be dumped (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). jfs_logdump must be run as root. OPTIONS
-a Dump the entire contents of the journal log instead of just the committed transactions since the last synch point. EXAMPLE
Dump the entire JFS journal log from the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk into ./jfslog.dmp: jfs_logdump -a /dev/hdb3 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_logdump, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_logdump error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_logdump is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_logdump(8)