Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i change value of incorrect env variable? Post 302470103 by JamesByars on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 07:25:40 AM
Old 11-09-2010
sorry, i was not clear.

i have a properties file, that has some variables, and that file is sourced into another one.

the property file has been set up incorrectly.

it contains

Code:
ORACLE_HOME=

when it should contain

Code:
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/10.2

So I basically want to find out how in my ksh installation script I can add a line so that it changes ORACLE_HOME in the properties file to the right value.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash env variable containing @

I want to set a bash env variable which has @ in its name, for example, @YOGESH@ may i know how do i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Root ENV is different from users', how to change?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9 machine. I found the root's environment variables (say, $PATH, $ORACLE_HOME, big problem) were set differently from the users'. All regular users use C shell now and share the same environment file stored in /usr/local/config/cshrc.default. Should I just use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Env Variable

Hi, I have a doubt on Environment variable. I want to know where and when the envirnment variables are defined? Thanks & Regards, Siba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reuse a shell script to change env from perl

Hi: I am trying to reuse an existing shell script foo1.csh to set environment variables inside a perl script and its childern processes. Is it possible at all to make those environment variables persistent in the main perl process and its children processes? Do I have to create a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env variable

Hello, I want to cange env variable on SunOS. I tried: export GONGA=$GONGA:/users/BANK1/basic/queues/SARON_SPACE1 it changed it only localy for my session. when i opened a new session (telnet etc') the old value exist. How can I change it to effact all sessions. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Csh - setenv ENV change environment variable

I have 3 programs, 1 in perl, 2 in csh: call them perl1, csh1 and run.ol I need perl1 to set csh1 variable NOLOG_qsub = "" I need perl1 to run, run.ol run.ol takes the executable and input and outputs to output run.ol#!/bin/csh -f # run.ol executable input output perl1 should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinj
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Treat value of variable as env variable

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have a config file, which contains 2 coulmn.values of first column are environmnet variable, whose value is defined in an environment file. In my script I need to read the config file, and get the value of the config file variable from env file. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok2082
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use env command to change GREP_OPTIONS variable?

How could I use the env command to change the enviroment variable GREP_OPTIONS so that grep is not case sensitive by setting it to "-i'? So that the command: grep a <<< A Will produce the same output as grep -i a <<< A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
8 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)