Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i change value of incorrect env variable? Post 302470098 by JamesByars on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 07:14:43 AM
Old 11-09-2010
how can i change value of incorrect env variable?

Hi,

I have

Code:
ORACLE_HOME=

This is wrong, and I want to find this in the file, and replace it with

Code:
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/10.2

can anyone please assist?

thanks

Last edited by JamesByars; 11-09-2010 at 08:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash env variable containing @

I want to set a bash env variable which has @ in its name, for example, @YOGESH@ may i know how do i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Root ENV is different from users', how to change?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9 machine. I found the root's environment variables (say, $PATH, $ORACLE_HOME, big problem) were set differently from the users'. All regular users use C shell now and share the same environment file stored in /usr/local/config/cshrc.default. Should I just use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Env Variable

Hi, I have a doubt on Environment variable. I want to know where and when the envirnment variables are defined? Thanks & Regards, Siba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reuse a shell script to change env from perl

Hi: I am trying to reuse an existing shell script foo1.csh to set environment variables inside a perl script and its childern processes. Is it possible at all to make those environment variables persistent in the main perl process and its children processes? Do I have to create a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env variable

Hello, I want to cange env variable on SunOS. I tried: export GONGA=$GONGA:/users/BANK1/basic/queues/SARON_SPACE1 it changed it only localy for my session. when i opened a new session (telnet etc') the old value exist. How can I change it to effact all sessions. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Csh - setenv ENV change environment variable

I have 3 programs, 1 in perl, 2 in csh: call them perl1, csh1 and run.ol I need perl1 to set csh1 variable NOLOG_qsub = "" I need perl1 to run, run.ol run.ol takes the executable and input and outputs to output run.ol#!/bin/csh -f # run.ol executable input output perl1 should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinj
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Treat value of variable as env variable

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have a config file, which contains 2 coulmn.values of first column are environmnet variable, whose value is defined in an environment file. In my script I need to read the config file, and get the value of the config file variable from env file. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok2082
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use env command to change GREP_OPTIONS variable?

How could I use the env command to change the enviroment variable GREP_OPTIONS so that grep is not case sensitive by setting it to "-i'? So that the command: grep a <<< A Will produce the same output as grep -i a <<< A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
8 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)