Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to send config file to other application Post 302470012 by shubhig15 on Tuesday 9th of November 2010 02:08:34 AM
Old 11-09-2010
how to send config file to other application

hi..
i have one c++ pgm which run shell script.shell script reads username and password from file.This pgm check username password is correct or not.After checking this i want to send config file of respective user to other application.I made config file also.My problem is how to send this config file of username to other application.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can anyone send sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data and send it to other file, with diff config

I need a new script to 'grep' data from files in var and send it to another file in var folder with diff output, but like you now my Now How is very, very small then to have a idea is something like this: in file text1.txt have a few lines like this one: Y: { XXX1 { XXX2 YYYY { IIIIIIII... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: single
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any reason for a user without a homedir - security/config/application?

Hi, Can I just quick pick everyone brain here about the following: There is a security audit going on at the company I work for and one of the things that needed to be resolved was that there were a lot of users who don't have a home directory. As this is a fairly large environment of over... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send config file

hi all please give me some idea about how to send xml file from one c++ pgm to other pgm. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to send config file

hi all please give me some idea about how to send xml file from one c++ pgm to other pgm. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to send config file to other application

hi.. i have one c++ pgm which run shell script.shell script reads username and password from file.This pgm check username password is correct or not.After checking this i want to send config file of respective user to other application.I made config file also.My problem is how to send this... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies
UPSCMD(8)							    NUT Manual								 UPSCMD(8)

NAME
upscmd - UPS administration program for instant commands SYNOPSIS
upscmd -h upscmd -l ups upscmd [-u username] [-p password] ups command DESCRIPTION
upscmd allows you to invoke "instant commands" in your UPS hardware. Not all hardware supports this, so check the list with -l to see if anything will work on your equipment. On hardware that supports it, you can use this program to start and stop battery tests, invoke a front panel test (beep!), turn the load on or off, and more. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -l ups Show the list of supported instant commands on that UPS. Some hardware may not support any of them. -u username Set the username for the connection to the server. This is optional, and you will be prompted for this when invoking a command if -u is not used. -p password Set the password to authenticate to the server. This is also optional like -u, and you will be prompted for it if necessary. ups Connect to this UPS. The format is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". UNATTENDED MODE
If you run this program inside a shell script or similar to invoke a command, you will need to specify all of the information on the command line. This means using -u and -p. Otherwise it will put up a prompt and your program will hang. This is not necessary when displaying the list, as the username and password are not required for read-only mode. DANGEROUS COMMANDS
Some drivers like apcsmart(8) have built-in paranoia for the dangerous commands like load.off. To make them actually turn off the load, you will have to send the command twice within a short window. That is, you will have to send it once, then send it again after 3 seconds elapse but before 15 seconds pass. This paranoia is entirely defined within the driver. upsd and upscmd have no control over the timing. DIAGNOSTICS
upscmd won't work unless you provide a valid username and password. If you get "access denied" errors, make sure that your upsd.users(5) has an entry for you, and that the username you are using has permissions to SET variables. BUGS
There is currently no way to tell the user when the driver requires confirmation to invoke a command such as load.off. Similarly, there is not yet a way to tell the user if a command succeeds or fails. This is on the list of things to fix in the future, so don't despair. It involves magic cookies. SEE ALSO
upsd(8), upsrw(8) INTERNET RESOURCES
The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSCMD(8)