Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem executing awk in shell "not found" Post 302469921 by Corona688 on Monday 8th of November 2010 04:30:37 PM
Old 11-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by script_op2a
was told that we're using POSIX
Which is pretty much like being told you're flying in an airplane. Accurate yet uninformative. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

when executing .sh script in telnet error "script not found"

Hi. i have written a wrapper script which inturn call the ftp child script in it. Now the problem is when i executing the same script in my script directory through putty it is getting executed successfully;where as through telnet i get an error "scripts not found" Can some one help me... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smiley
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Fedora

Problem Executing "lvcreate" Command

Hi everyone, I use Fedora 17. I used gparted to created a dev/sdb2 partition. I then used vgextend to extend the volume group. The output of vgdisplay shows the condition of my volume group: --- Volume group --- VG Name vg_data System ID Format ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Command not found" doing a while loop in bash/shell

i=0 numberofproducts=${#urls} #gets number of entries in array called "urls" numberofproductsminusone=`expr $numberofproducts - 1` #-subtract by one while do wget ${urls} i=$(( $i + 1 )) sleep 10 done I'm getting an error ./scrape: line 22: [0: command not found that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant get awk 1liner to remove duplicate lines from Delimited file, get "event not found" error..help

Hi, I am on a Solaris8 machine If someone can help me with adjusting this awk 1 liner (turning it into a real awkscript) to get by this "event not found error" ...or Present Perl solution code that works for Perl5.8 in the csh shell ...that would be great. ****************** ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy b
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In shell scripting found "\n-" and don't know what is it for

Working on UNIX shell scripting I found in env file the following export H1="\n- " echo "${H1} Waiting for dependencies of ${MONITOR_KEY} to be satisfied ..." >> ${LOG} What is in shell \n- The new line character? Thanks for contribution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireTidyCode(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireTidyCode(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireTidyCode - Must run code through perltidy. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Conway does make specific recommendations for whitespace and curly-braces in your code, but the most important thing is to adopt a consistent layout, regardless of the specifics. And the easiest way to do that is to use Perl::Tidy. This policy will complain if you're code hasn't been run through Perl::Tidy. CONFIGURATION
This policy can be configured to tell Perl::Tidy to use a particular perltidyrc file or no configuration at all. By default, Perl::Tidy is told to look in its default location for configuration. Perl::Critic can be told to tell Perl::Tidy to use a specific configuration file by putting an entry in a .perlcriticrc file like this: [CodeLayout::RequireTidyCode] perltidyrc = /usr/share/perltidy.conf As a special case, setting "perltidyrc" to the empty string tells Perl::Tidy not to load any configuration file at all and just use Perl::Tidy's own default style. [CodeLayout::RequireTidyCode] perltidyrc = SEE ALSO
Perl::Tidy AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireTidyCode(3pm)