Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop in Nawk Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loop in Nawk Script Post 302469897 by Corona688 on Monday 8th of November 2010 02:58:46 PM
Old 11-08-2010
Please post your script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a for loop variable into nawk

After searching through books and the internet for days I can't seem to find an example of this. I'm trying to pass a variable from a for loop into nawk but can't seem to get all the syntax right. my script (thanks to anbu23 for nawk help) is this: for customers in `cat customers.txt` do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant1815
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help need on nawk script

Dear experts I have a big file containing several profiles each flagged with "PROFILE" at the beginning of each one. I am trying to use the following command in cshell to seperate each profile and save each one in seperate file. I wrote a script as following: nawk -v i=0 '{if($1~/PROFILE/)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK Script not working fine

Hello to all can any one help me out with a nawk script. Actually i am having a shell script which uses nawk pattern searching and it is not parsing the file properly. I have been debugging it since long time, but nt able 2 find the root cause.. If any one can help me out with this one .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheeraj19584
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put for loop in nawk

Hello All, How i can put loop in nawk. what i want is that i define a variable which contain vlaues like var='1 2 3 4 5' and then define for loop which gives vlaue to nawk one by one to varilable inside nawk and then print it. cat /omp-data/logs/5etr/081121.APX | nawk -v CDNLIST='700 701' ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakhan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running nawk script

Hi, I was trying to use nawk script given in this link https://www.unix.com/aix/19979-df-output-not-aligned.html but when i do this im getting this error $ df -k|formatDF.nawk -ksh: formatDF.nawk: not found Can anyone help me on this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Script not working

Any idea why this isn't working? YESTERF=`TZ=aaa24 date +%b"-"%d | sed 's/-0/--/'` filelist2=$(find /export/home/gen/cks/traces \( -name \*YESTERF\* -name \*DNA\* \) -print | tr '\n' ' ') print "Date/Time,Location,Shelf,IP,Reason,Log Filename" >> $OUTPUT nawk -F':' ' $2 ~... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter to nawk from shell script

I need to parse log files using nawk, but I'm not able to pass script input argument (date) to nawk, for example: ------------ #!/bin/ksh read date nawk -F, '{if($1==date) print $4" "$5}' ------------- Is there a way to pass an argument to nawk from shell script. Many thanks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass nawk variable to shell within the same script?

Hi All, I tried googling but so far no luck, can someone tell me how pass the variable value used inside the nawk command to shell. In the below script i get the value of $c (without color: Total Executed: " c ") but the printf which is outside the nawk command doesn't print the value or it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -r, grep, nawk in script

Hello Friends, I am new to unix shell, need to understand the meaning of few cmds in below script, #!/usr/bin/ksh FTP_FILE_NAME="$1" if then grep "TRLR@@@@@@" $FTP_FILE_NAME | nawk -F"" '{print $2}' else echo "0" fi what is the use of -r, grep, nawk & -F in above script. Why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DK2014
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)