Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Speedstep/Hyperthread with SCO Post 302469877 by ewerezak on Monday 8th of November 2010 12:59:35 PM
Old 11-08-2010
Bug Speedstep/Hyperthread with SCO

Hello,

I am running SCO Operserver 5.0.7 on a computer that has a Intel Duo core processor. The BIOS supports Intel Speedstep which is similar to Intel Hyperthreading and it is enabled.

In the boot file I added

ENABLE_HT=Y
ENABLE_JT=Y
HYPERTHREAD=Y

and in the space.c file I added

int crllry_multicore_enable = 1;
in crllry_hyperthread_enable =1;

I then run link_unix to rebuild everything and reboot, but still only see 2 CPUs and not 4. Smilie

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smilie

Thanks,

Ernie

cpu_family(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       cpu_family(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_family - Contains the CPU type. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_family; DESCRIPTION
Contains the Intel type, where applicable. Allegro defines the following CPU family types: CPU_FAMILY_UNKNOWN - The type of processor is unknown CPU_FAMILY_I386 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 386 CPU_FAMILY_I486 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 486 CPU_FAMILY_I586 - The processor is a Pentium or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_I686 - The processor is a Pentium Pro, II, III or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_ITANIUM - The processor is an Itanium processor CPU_FAMILY_POWERPC - The processor is a PowerPC processor CPU_FAMILY_EXTENDED - The processor type needs to be read from the cpu_model You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_family(3alleg4)