Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users quick remote health check SAP systems from UNIX commandline Post 302469806 by slashdotweenie on Monday 8th of November 2010 07:40:16 AM
Old 11-08-2010
quick remote health check SAP systems from UNIX commandline

Hi folks

Howto do quick remote health check for SAP systems on UNIX commandline? To see if a SAP system is down or in maintenace mode (no login).

I am searching something like "tnsping"/Oracle for SAP systems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

check health

Dear Gentelmen I need command for display to me the following statement: -battery state -The application if working or not -The cpu is working or not -The power supply is working or not -The Data base is workig or not (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Working with remote Unix files systems from Windows

I am currently using Samba to access remote Unix file systems from Windows. However, it is slow, and I presume insecure in the sense that file contents are transmitted unencrypted. I also wonder if passwords are transmitted in plain text in this protocol or not. For these reasons I am looking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bilge
2 Replies

3. AIX

Vulnerability AIX server (GROUPS/USERS) and SAP Systems ?

I hope you can understand me, although my english is not so good. I have a problem. I have installed 4 SAP Systems with different releases on the same server (AIX). Each SAP system has got its own operating system user through the installation. But all users belong to the group SAPSYS. So in other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momok1976
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Health check script

Hi, I have a server type(A group of AIX,HP-UX and Linux servers running with different appn) in which i need to do health check(memory,cpu,h/w etc). I am planning to automate the same. Please help me out in writing the same. Thanks Renjesh Raju (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
9 Replies

5. Solaris

/usr/sap/psu file systems full.

Hi Ive been facing a prob today in SAP which is been installed in solaris .the prob is one of my file systems tat is /usr/sap/psu is gettin full.i chkd the file named core which gets generated so i was asked to delete that file after doing tat my file systems space was 90%,but the prob is that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX Health Check

Hi Experts, I want to check health of hp-ux box. Basically I want to check if there are possibilities of network/memory/cpu bottleneck? Are there are any commands available other than glance in hp-ux for the same? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Perl "s2p" Commandline Q . . .

Greetings! Looking to clear up a rather simple matter which seems to nonetheless elude me: How does one call Perl's s2p from the commandline? I've tried such as this:perl -e s2p '-i 's/first/last/g' ./somefile.txt'...to convert a similarly-formed GNU sedline over to the Perl equivalent (without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Health Check

Hi everyone, I am new to the Unix admin position, needed some help. My management wants to report how their over all AIX servers / environment is doing so far. I've been researching and found multiple commands to run on each LPAR, well I have few questions and also wanted to share the commands Im... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
12 Replies
SAM_START(3)					    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				      SAM_START(3)

NAME
sam_start - Start health checking SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/sam.h> cs_error_t sam_start (void); DESCRIPTION
The sam_start function is used to start health checking of application. After calling this function, the active process needs to send healthchecks within the registered time interval by calling sam_hc_send(3). If event driven healthchecking is configured by calling sam_register(3), an internal thread will be created and send health check confirmations four times per time_interval. Application must be registered by calling sam_register(3) before this function can be called. An application can always stop health checking by calling the sam_stop(3) function. If SAM is initialized with quorum policy SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT or SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART sam_start will block until corosync becomes quorate. RETURN VALUE
This call return CS_OK value if successful, otherwise and error is returned. If SAM is initialized with quorum policy, returned error can also be quorum error. ERRORS
CS_ERR_BAD_HANDLE component was not registered by calling sam_register(3) function. SEE ALSO
sam_hc_send(3), sam_stop(3), sam_register(3), sam_hc_callback_register(3) CS_ERR_TRY_AGAIN Resource temporarily unavailable CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM Invalid argument CS_ERR_ACCESS Permission denied CS_ERR_LIBRARY The connection failed CS_ERR_INTERRUPT System call inturrupted by a signal CS_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED The requested protocol/functuality not supported CS_ERR_MESSAGE_ERROR Incorrect auth message received CS_ERR_NO_MEMORY Not enough memory to completed the requested task corosync Man Page 30/04/2010 SAM_START(3)