Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Validation in shell script.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validation in shell script. Post 302469803 by Scrutinizer on Monday 8th of November 2010 07:37:07 AM
Old 11-08-2010
Try this:

Code:
opalO ()
{
  if [ -f "$1" ]; then
    for fileName in "$@"
    do
      cp "$fileName" "$DROPDIR"
    done
  else
    echo "no files available"
  fi
}

opalo TES_ONE*

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in file validation by shell script

Hi I am new to this forum.I need a help in the following: We receve pipe delimited file with transaction ID,tran_date,Quest_cd,Ans_cd,ans_value. Same transaction ID can be repeated with different quest_cd and ans_cd. Basically I need to check if a perticular pair of quest_cd and ans_cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test File Reading & Validation using Shell script

Please help develop script for below requirement -------Sample file------------------------------- HSVSHOSTRECON 20090115011817BP DARMAR60064966247003504720000000000000000000066626000000000000133000003D003463001332 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: niraj_bhatt
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script data & time validation

How to validate a date and optionly a time in shell scripting when i get the date and time as pararmeters that sent out with the call of the file? (in my case sh union.sh `first parameter ,second parameter...` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

EMail Address Validation (Shell Script)

Hi, Can anyone provide me the code snippet for EMail Address Validation. User is going to enter the email address in form window. I need to validate the format is correct. Thanks in Advance BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script validation using process.

Hi All, I have a shell script in Linux and it will be invoked by 2 methods, 1) An automated background process . 2) Logining into the box and directly executing the script. I need to put a validation in my shell script such that it will be executed successfully on when an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vininx
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String validation in shell script

Hi All, I am a newbie...I would like to have a function which ll check if a file contains valid strings before "=" operator. Just to give you my requirement: assume my file has content: hello= gsdgsd sfdsg sgdsg sgdgdg world= gggg hhhh iiiii xxxx= pppp ppppp pppp my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With UNIX Shell Scripting For Data Validation

Hi All, I am completely new to Unix Shell Scripting. I m validating(Basic File Validation) an .HHT file in TIBCO. After that i need to do Data Validation through UNIX Shell scripting. Rules in DataValidation: 1.) Need to Check Every field wheather it is a Char or Number?(Fields are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitanya K
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for validation

Hi, I need a script which do below I have one process which runs 24*7 daily and I always has to monitor it now i want to have this automated such that if it stops at anytime we get a exception mail. For example i use ps -ef|grep 'etl' above command gives me the desired output. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validation to be added in the shell script

I need help with one of my shell script. The script is working fine but i need to add two condition - i need to get rid of all the below ftp messages and need to have only ftp completed or failed message. example when i run the script i get below lines - Connected to xxxx 220 (vsFTPd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with validation of URLs in shell script

hello every one I wrote the script to validate all the urls from my server . sourcing text file which contains the list of urls and trying to check every url and based on response printing url is up or not. the issue when i use the below code with url is printing url exist and and in loop it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohn1
3 Replies
sttmpfiles(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library						     sttmpfiles(3)

NAME
stTmpFile, stRegisterFile, stUnRegisterFile, stRmRegisteredFiles - temporary files handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h> char*stTmpFile (char *path); voidstRegisterFile (char *fileName); voidstUnRegisterFile (char *fileName); voidstRmRegisteredFiles (void); DESCRIPTION
stTmpFile creates a unique filename for a temporary file, registers it (see stRegisterFile below), and returns it. The return value resides in static memory and will be overwritten on the next call of stTmpFile. The temporary file is located in the /tmp directory. stRegisterFile adds the given fileName to an internal static list of file names. This list helps to keep track of the names of all tempo- rary files to be deleted until the end of the program execution. On abnormal program termination (signal), the termination handler may call stRmRegisteredFiles to delete all registered files. This avoids bogus temporary files to survive abnormal program termination. stUnRegisterFile removes fileName from the internal list of file names. It should be called when the corresponding file was removed due to the regular control flow. stRmRegisteredFiles removes all files named in the internal list set up by stTmpFile and stRegisterFile and clears the list. Bogus entries in the list (names without a correponding file) are ignored. Invoking stCatchSigs(3) causes stRmRegisteredFiles to be called on occurence of the signals SIGQUIT, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, and SIGTERM. stCleanup(3) also calls stRmRegisteredFiles. SEE ALSO
stCatchSigs(3), stCleanup(3) LIMITS
The maximum number of temporary files to be registered is 16. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:36 1993 sttmpfiles(3)