Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gzip and encrypted in a shl script Post 302469793 by rechever on Monday 8th of November 2010 06:59:54 AM
Old 11-08-2010
gzip and encrypted in a shl script

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted.
I never do this in a shl script, I do it from the command line and it works..
cd /home/nelnet

spinel:/home/nelnet$ gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz
`/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
`/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

Current recipients:

Enter the user ID. End with an empty line:
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

Current recipients:

Enter the user ID. End with an empty line: epass
This works in the command line, it gzip and encrypted the file

If you can point me in the right direction, I will appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing an encrypted script

Can we execute an encrypted shell script . I encrypted a shell scripts with crypt with keys and tried to execute it it gave me segmentation faul?? Can somebody answer this one please?? If we can is there any settings i need to change?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

This code works in the command line but not in a shl script

When I run this code from the command line works spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ ls ef* eftseq.dat spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted script not working

I've encrypted a script in rot-13. When executed, I want the script to decrypt into a temporary file then run itself, and when it's exited then delete the temporary file. so at the moment I have this: #!/bin/sh FIFO=/tmp/__scriptname_$(date +%F)_$$ rm $FIFO >/dev/null 2>/dev/null mkfifo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trichopterus
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems coping a file in a shl script

I have the following in a shl script: SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"; FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log"; LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST"; SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"; FILE_NAME='new_applicant_list'; I want to copy the file FILE_NAME to LIST_FILE_PATH ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a encrypted shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script test.sh. I encrypted it using the command vi -x test.sh , and protected it with a password to view the file. When i tried to execute the file with ./test.sh..It is trying to execute the encrypted file but not he original one. Can someone help me with how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pracheth
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypted password in script

How to keep encrypted password in a shell script.? I have the file which has the following: a.sh ----- username=abc password=abc I will be using this username and password in another script. But I don't want to reveal the password in the script. How to keep the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)