Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A chronology of computing power Post 302469674 by ctsgnb on Sunday 7th of November 2010 03:22:14 PM
Old 11-07-2010
The requirement in electrical power for running all the server of the world has become greater than the human electrical used for just living.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

computing go/no-go dates in script

I am working on a bash script to backup selected servers and am trying to come up with a simpler solution to this problem: Each server to be backed up has a config file that is read by the script, in the config file are the following values: LEVEL0=12 #this is the day of the month on which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Trusted Computing

About a year ago, a friend of mine who worked on the OReilly Snort book took a propsal he and I had worked on for a book on Trusted Computing. Though the editor thought the content was good and worthwhile, he felt that there wasn't enough of a market to justify printing such a work. How many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

how to do GRID COMPUTING?

Hello, I want to know how to combine the processing power of given 2 FEDORA machines in LAN. Can you please tell me the commands,etc used to perform such an operations.Can you please give me the links where I can find more info on this topic. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

5. Programming

Computing an MD5Sum in C

Is it possible to call the unix command md5sum from within a C program. I am trying to write a C program that scans a directory and computes the MD5Sum of all the files in the directory. Whenever I use md5sum 'filename' I get the error 'md5sum undeclared'. Is there a header file or some library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies
XFCE4-POWER-MANAGER(1)					      General Commands Manual					    XFCE4-POWER-MANAGER(1)

NAME
xfce4-power-manager - The Xfce 4 Power manager SYNOPSIS
xfce4-power-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
xfce4-power-manager manages the power sources on the computer and the devices that can be controlled to reduce their power consumption (such as LCD brightness level, monitor sleep, CPU frequency scaling). In addition, xfce4-power-manager provides a set of freedesktop-com- pliant DBus interfaces to inform other applications about current power level so that they can adjust their power consumption, and it pro- vides the inhibit interface which allows applications to prevent automatic sleep actions via the power manager; as an example, the operat- ing system's package manager should make use of this interface while it is performing update operations. You can run xfce4-power-manager from the command line without specifying any extra arguments. OPTIONS
--no-daemon Starts the power manager in non-daemon mode: useful for debugging. --restart Causes the running power manager to restart. --customize Shows the configuration dialog. --quit Causes any running instance of xfce4-power-manager to exit. BUGS
Please report any bugs to http://bugzilla.xfce.org/. Development discussion should be conducted on the goodies-dev@xfce.org mailing list. Usage related questions should be directed to the xfce@xfce.org mailing list. HOMEPAGE
http://goodies.xfce.org/ AUTHOR
Ali Abdallah <aliov@xfce.org> MANPAGE AUTHORS
Ali Abdallah <aliov@xfce.org>, Robby Workman <rworkman@slackware.com>. 31 March 2009 Version 0.8.0 XFCE4-POWER-MANAGER(1)