Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting silent telnet and ssh using perl Post 302469635 by DGPickett on Sunday 7th of November 2010 10:34:42 AM
Old 11-07-2010
The simplest thing is to embed these in scripts that divert those lines to /dev/null or a log. The ssh cmd is pretty silent with PPkey authentication, so why bother with telnet unless the box is restricted/primitive like a router. Anyway, do it in layers, and write a quiet layer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

silent telnet

I have been using the following code for sending out an email from a AIX UNIX platform. cat filename | telnet mailhost 25 >/dev/null Time to time I get a message loopback: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call. Can anyone tell me what this means? I need this function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgardiner
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet ans ssh

Hi all, I need few information as follows: 1. I am acessing one the machine uismg putty at port no 12023 using telnet service. My question is i heard by defalult the port for telnet is 23. Why it is 12023 in my case. Also where can i change it. 2. i install new debian server. And then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about ssh and telnet

I amn't advance but i want to learn some commands where here you can help me. i don't learn easy commands but i learn if its good experience and interesting. I want to learn about ssh, telnet and how i can be miff ( i don't speek good english but i hope to understant me) thanks for any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kostantinos
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

like ssh telnet

I want to learn some commands like ssh, telnet and others where i can be tease. thanks for help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kostantinos
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet and ssh in a script

dear all, I know that this question has been asked before frequently, but I really don't get it. My question is composed of several ones. First:To telnet through a script, I was told to use the way described below, and it works for me, but i don't understand the syntax here.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Silent Input

I would like to use the WWW::Mechanize module to access a webpage that is password-protected. I was wondering if there was a way to make the input silent when asked from the script. For example: What is your password: <password> Where <password> is where you put your password, but is silent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightysix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TELNET to SSH

Hi All, I was implementing a change of TELNET to SSH connectivity, and finding it tough at a point where I was connecting to another unix server through TELNET. ( ps -ef |grep abcd) | TELNET x.xx.xxx.xx now I when I tried to replace TELNET with SSH, i am not able to connect. ( ps -ef... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problems with SSH / telnet

Hey, I have upgraded 3 servers from SSH Tectia 4.0.3 to SSH Tectia 6.0.2. 2 of them are working fine but one server suddenly began to have troubles after about 2 hours. Now it is impossible to login to this server using SSH and even telnet. When SSH is running on this particular server, the CPU... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

silent Input in PERL

Hello Experts, I am learning perl. I know ksh/bash/csh... In ksh I use to do this way... to read user input in silent mode so that nothing returns on the screen. stty -echo read -r pswd stty echo Please let me know the way in perl how to do it. Here are my OS and Perl Details... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer007
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)