Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed newline
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed newline Post 302469615 by DGPickett on Sunday 7th of November 2010 09:46:15 AM
Old 11-07-2010
You might h, remove the newline, validate, g? Validate a copy without the newline? Not sure the problem. To get \n into the buffer in the first place, you need a loop if not </h2> then N.

Code:
sed '
  /h2[ >]/!/d
  :loop
  /<\/h2/!{
    N
    b loop
   }
  s/.*<h2\>[^>]*>\(.*\)<\/h2>.*/\1/
 ' check\?uri\=$1

Is new line still a problem? Add s/\n/ /g in a line above.

Last edited by DGPickett; 11-07-2010 at 10:57 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed append newline character

Hi All, I am new to Shell scripting.. I have a task to parse the text file into csv format. more then half the things has done. But the problem is when I use the sed command in shell script. it appends newline character at the end of the line. and so when I open the file in CSV it's format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurang033
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: how to remove newline after pattern?

Hi, I have the following XML not well-indented code: <hallo >this is a line </hallo> So I need to remove the newline. This syntax finds what I need to correct, but I don't know how to remove the newline after my pattern: sed 's/<.*$/&/' How can I subtract the newline after my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nico.ben
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to convert ~ in a file to newline

Hi, I have a .txt file which has a tilde(~) in it. All that I want is to break into a newline whenever there is an occurence of '~'. I have tried SED to do that but I could not succeed. I would appreciate if I can get a shell script(ksh) for this problem real quick. Thanks in advance. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errore Sed: unescaped newline

Salve, mi occorre realizzare uno script che prenda in ingresso tre parametri: un file di testo contenente una vecchia licenza, un file contenente una nuova licenza e una directory, contenente dei sorgenti c a cui sostituire la vecchia licenza con la nuova. Pensavo di utilizzare sed, con... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolanofra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error: unescaped newline

Hi, i need to make a script bash that takes in input three parameters: a text file that contains an old license, a file that contains a new license, and a directory that contains source files and i have to substitute to these file the old license with the new one. So, i think tu use sed, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolanofra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk remove newline

Hi, I have input file contains sql queries i need to eliminate newlines from it. when i open it vi text editor and runs :%s/'\n/'/g it provides required result. but when i run sed command from shell prompt it doesn't impact outfile is still same as inputfile. shell] sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed newline to tab ,problem

Input: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly sed 's/\n/\t/g' infile It's not working. Output should be: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text without newline

Hi, I use sed to insert text at beginning of a file. But sed inserts a newline after my text that I do not need. For example, I want to insert "foo" at the beginning of my file: > cat myfile This is first line. > sed -i '1i\foo' myfile > cat myfile foo This is first line. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdw
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why SED can't see the last newline character?

Removed. My question does not make sense. and SED does see the last newline character. But I still have a question: How to remove the last newline character(the newline character at the end of last line) using SED? ---------- Post updated 05-01-11 at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous update was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace NewLine with comma using sed?

Hi , I have a huge file with following records and I want to replace the last comma with ',NULL'. I try using SED but could not create a correct script . In my opinion I need a script which can convert ,/n with ,NULL/n 1,CHANGE_MEMBER,2010-12-28 00:05:00, 2,CHANGE_MEMBER,2012-09-02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaypal
8 Replies
Attribute::Params::Validate(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Attribute::Params::Validate(3)

NAME
Attribute::Params::Validate - Define validation through subroutine attributes VERSION
version 1.08 SYNOPSIS
use Attribute::Params::Validate qw(:all); # takes named params (hash or hashref) # foo is mandatory, bar is optional sub foo : Validate( foo => 1, bar => 0 ) { ... } # takes positional params # first two are mandatory, third is optional sub bar : ValidatePos( 1, 1, 0 ) { ... } # for some reason Perl insists that the entire attribute be on one line sub foo2 : Validate( foo => { type => ARRAYREF }, bar => { can => [ 'print', 'flush', 'frobnicate' ] }, baz => { type => SCALAR, callbacks => { 'numbers only' => sub { shift() =~ /^d+$/ }, 'less than 90' => sub { shift() < 90 } } } ) { ... } # note that this is marked as a method. This is very important! sub baz : Validate( foo => { type => ARRAYREF }, bar => { isa => 'Frobnicator' } ) method { ... } DESCRIPTION
The Attribute::Params::Validate module allows you to validate method or function call parameters just like Params::Validate does. However, this module allows you to specify your validation spec as an attribute, rather than by calling the "validate" routine. Please see Params::Validate for more information on how you can specify what validation is performed. EXPORT This module exports everything that Params::Validate does except for the "validate" and "validate_pos" subroutines. ATTRIBUTES o Validate This attribute corresponds to the "validate" subroutine in Params::Validate. o ValidatePos This attribute corresponds to the "validate_pos" subroutine in Params::Validate. OO If you are using this module to mark methods for validation, as opposed to subroutines, it is crucial that you mark these methods with the ":method" attribute, as well as the "Validate" or "ValidatePos" attribute. If you do not do this, then the object or class used in the method call will be passed to the validation routines, which is probably not what you want. CAVEATS You must put all the arguments to the "Validate" or "ValidatePos" attribute on a single line, or Perl will complain. SEE ALSO
Params::Validate AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> and Ilya Martynov <ilya@martynov.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky and Ilya Martynov. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Attribute::Params::Validate(3)