Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: zipping files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting zipping files Post 302469570 by rdcwayx on Sunday 7th of November 2010 03:18:36 AM
Old 11-07-2010
To zip the directory with all zipped files will use more space than zip the directory directly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files

Dear Experts, I need a script which will zipped the files older than 2 days. but i dont want to use find . * -mtime 2. Is there is any other method to achive this task. i will ececute the script daily. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while zipping files

I was trying to remove & archive all the files in the current directory and embed them into the zip file, i mean i don't want to list the files any more after zipping those files. For this i wrote the following code though operation was succeeded zipping all the files and creating a zip file i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files?

how would i zip a file? what does zip mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files - Please help me its urgent

Dear all, I have thousands of log files in my log directory which I need to zip them and archive. I tried using zip command. But it is not allowing me to archive it more that 4GB of file size. So how to archive them. If it is not possible how to zip all files in to multiple archive files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with zipping files

Hi, I have come across a requirement in which I need to zip files. This is fine but the requriement has one conditions like below: One .z file can not have more than 10,000 files Now in the directory I have several files liek below: aaa_file_10_00001.txt aaa_file_10_00002.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files then remove the folders

Hi, i am using the below script to zip the files with respect to their timestamp of the files.It is working fine. For example lets take I have two files in this directory /path/folder1 with the timestamp as this month and previous month. When i run this script first time it is creating two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files

Hi All, I have a scenario where in am using uuencode to send a txt file as an excel to end users( email attachment).I have 7 different files and these files are sent as emails 7 times... So my question is, can i not zip all the 7 files at once and attach those files in a single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping files

Hi Guys, The script below works but it creates a zip folder under 123_arch.zip -- test1 -- orig1.txt -- orig2.txt -- orig3.txt -- orig4.txt I don't want the sub directory test1 but everything under the base *arch name I can not create a long name with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryP1973
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping the files with data

I have files a_cd_1.csv a_cd_2.csv a_cd_3.csv I need to zip these files into one zip file a_cd.zip but if no data is there in any of these csv then only csv with data should be zipped. Also these files will always have header record if data is present or not. Please let me know how this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
ZZIP_FOPEN(3)						       zziplib Function List						     ZZIP_FOPEN(3)

NAME
zzip_fopen, zzip_freopen - ... SYNOPSIS
#include <zzip/lib.h> ZZIP_FILE * zzip_fopen((zzip_char_t * filename, zzip_char_t * mode)); ZZIP_FILE * zzip_freopen((zzip_char_t * filename, zzip_char_t * mode, ZZIP_FILE * stream)); DESCRIPTION
The zzip_fopen function will fopen(3) a real/zipped file. It has some magic functionality builtin - it will first try to open the given filename as a normal file. If it does not exist, the given path to the filename (if any) is split into its directory-part and the file-part. A ".zip" extension is then added to the directory-part to create the name of a zip-archive. That zip-archive (if it exists) is being searched for the file-part, and if found a zzip-handle is returned. Note that if the file is found in the normal fs-directory the returned structure is mostly empty and the zzip_read call will use the libc read to obtain data. Otherwise a zzip_file_open is performed and any error mapped to errno(3). unlike the posix-wrapper zzip_open the mode-argument is a string which allows for more freedom to support the extra zzip modes called ZZIP_CASEINSENSITIVE and ZZIP_IGNOREPATH. Currently, this zzip_fopen call will convert the following characters in the mode-string into their corrsponding mode-bits: o "r" : O_RDONLY : read-only o "b" : O_BINARY : binary (win32 specific) o "f" : O_NOCTTY : no char device (unix) o "i" : ZZIP_CASELESS : inside zip file o "*" : ZZIP_NOPATHS : inside zip file only all other modes will be ignored for zip-contained entries but they are transferred for compatibility and portability, including these extra sugar bits: o "x" : O_EXCL : fail if file did exist o "s" : O_SYNC : synchronized access o "n" : O_NONBLOCK : nonblocking access o "z#" : compression level : for zlib o "g#" : group access : unix access bits o "u#" : owner access : unix access bits o "o#" : world access : unix access bits ... the access bits are in traditional unix bit format with 7 = read/write/execute, 6 = read/write, 4 = read-only. The default access mode is 0664, and the compression level is ignored since the lib can not yet write zip files, otherwise it would be the initialisation value for the zlib deflateInit where 0 = no-compression, 1 = best-speed, 9 = best-compression. The zzip_fopen function returns a new zzip-handle (use zzip_close to return it). On error the zzip_fopen function will return null setting errno(3). The zzip_freopen function receives an additional argument pointing to a ZZIP_FILE* being already in use. If this extra argument is null then the zzip_freopen function is identical with calling zzip_fopen Per default, the old file stream is closed and only the internal structures associated with it are kept. These internal structures may be reused for the return value, and this is a lot quicker when the filename matches a zipped file that is incidently in the very same zip arch as the old filename wrapped in the stream struct. That's simply because the zip arch's central directory does not need to be read again. As an extension for the zzip_freopen function, if the mode-string contains a "q" then the old stream is not closed but left untouched, instead it is only given as a hint that a new file handle may share/copy the zip arch structures of the old file handle if that is possible, i.e when they are in the same zip arch. The zzip_freopen function returns a new zzip-handle (use zzip_close to return it). On error the zzip_freopen function will return null setting errno(3). AUTHOR
o Guido Draheim <guidod@gmx.de> Tomi Ollila <Tomi.Ollila@iki.fi> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999,2000,2001,2002,2003 Guido Draheim All rights reserved, use under the restrictions of the Lesser GNU General Public License or alternatively the restrictions of the Mozilla Public License 1.1 SEE ALSO
fopen(2) zziplib 0.13.56 ZZIP_FOPEN(3)