Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No xorg.conf or XF86Config
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers No xorg.conf or XF86Config Post 302469433 by figaro on Saturday 6th of November 2010 03:12:32 AM
Old 11-06-2010
Is there a way to determine whether Xorg or XFree86 / XF86Config is used?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keychord mapping in Xorg

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to rebind key-chords (combinations of multiple keys, like Control+M) under X. My motivation is that these chords interfere with keyboard bindings in emacs. For example, I cannot bind anything containing Control+M: as far as emacs can see it is the same key as 'RET'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i386
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Display(xorg.conf) Problem on Dell Inspiron 1420

Dear all, I have Dell Inspiron 1420 with Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I am facing display problem on Redhat 5 Server. Please, Help me how to configure xorg.conf manually. Recently, i have upgraded Kernel kernel-2.6.18-138.el5.i686. Thank You Anu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu18
0 Replies

5. Linux

Using DirectColor in VisualName in xorg.conf gives darkbackground.

Hello , In our application , we have some dynamic bit change which is indicated in picture as flashing. In the old alpha-servers , it was achieved by psuedocolor at depth 8 . In the new HP-Linux(RHEL4) , psuedocolor is giving xpm - color fail error. But flashing was achieved , by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishunni
0 Replies

6. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

7. Gentoo

xorg constantly freezes

this is purely for posterity but it took me a while to find this solution online. 10.1 comes wanting to install the stable releases of xorg and the kernel. However on many platforms (especially with intel video) the result is an xorg that functions for a few minutes but then hangs up and prevents... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Problems with xorg.conf

Hi folks, I'm using a virtual machine to run Ubuntu 9.04 and I tried modify the xorg.conf following the steps by other pages and I always have problems when I restart the vmachine (Sun VirtualBox). This is my xorg.conf ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
V4L(4x) 																   V4L(4x)

NAME
v4l - video4linux driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Module" ... Load "v4l" EndSection DESCRIPTION
v4l is an XFree86 driver for video4linux cards. It provides a Xvideo extention port for video overlay. Just add the driver to the module list within the module section of your XF86Config file if you want to use it. There are no config options. Note that the the extmod module is also required for the Xvideo support (and lots of other extentions too). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The v4l driver works with every piece of hardware which is supported by a video4linux (kernel-) device driver and is able to handle video overlay. bt848/bt878-based TV cards are the most popular hardware these days. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5x) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), XF86Config(5x), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7x) AUTHORS
Authors include: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 V4L(4x)