Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sizing p7 systems
Operating Systems AIX Sizing p7 systems Post 302469264 by zaxxon on Friday 5th of November 2010 08:33:07 AM
Old 11-05-2010
Yep, that was the official thing I mentioned in my 1st post and I think I have to take a closer look at those values and descriptions.
Currently I might simply have a look for our processors ie.
Code:
p570, p5 1,9GHz
p590, p5 2.1GHz

and just compare them with some middle sized p7 boxes to get some kind of ratios.

Tbh I am not sure if we use more int or fp base calculations. That's something I never (or anyone in our company) lost a thought about.

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-05-2010 at 09:44 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Gentoo

Properly Sizing an x86 Server for Internet DNS?

Where I work, we have to very old Alpha boxes running OpenVMS 7. They also have Multinet and are using the BIND component for DNS services. We are planning on retiring those boxes and replacing them with x86 servers running Linux. I've decided to go with Gentoo Linux for this and I've inherited... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. AIX

Sizing Mouse Pointer

On AIX machines 4.3, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 am having trouble seeing the mouse pointer in CDE. Found this on web To change the cursor to a large red X, run the following command . #xsetroot -cursor_name X-cursor -bg red Could someone kindly give me the command line wording to undo the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kinda a noob: Automatic window sizing and placement

I am attempting to create a script that runs automatically upon logging in and opens and places windows in appropriate places. I have the script running such that it starts during login, but I cannot get things how and where I want them. This should be relatively simple, I just can't figure it out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wydileie
7 Replies

4. Linux

System sizing for X sessions

Hello all. I've been tasked with building a system that will have up to 50 concurrent users connected and using an X session running firefox. Is there some kind of standard sizing model available that will tell me what kind of network/CPU utilization I will be looking at? Or even better some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun hardware sizing

Hi, Never worked with Sun, but I have been presented to make a decision about Sun server hardware, since the application which we'll be running is not so popular and you guys might not have idea, for reference I can tell you our competitor is running same application (business volume 10 times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing

I have no idea what I should set the topic here ==' This is my story, please you there kindly help me I'm quite newbie for this. ================================== My host server is CentOS, I spared 9.9GB for /var path that used by MySQL and...It's full because of heavy load traffic, then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kapom
1 Replies
PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR(3)

NAME
pthread_mutexattr_init, pthread_mutexattr_destroy, pthread_mutexattr_settype, pthread_mutexattr_gettype - mutex creation attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_init(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr); int pthread_mutexattr_destroy(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr); int pthread_mutexattr_settype(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int kind); int pthread_mutexattr_gettype(const pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int *kind); DESCRIPTION
Mutex attributes can be specified at mutex creation time, by passing a mutex attribute object as second argument to pthread_mutex_init(3). Passing NULL is equivalent to passing a mutex attribute object with all attributes set to their default values. pthread_mutexattr_init initializes the mutex attribute object attr and fills it with default values for the attributes. pthread_mutexattr_destroy destroys a mutex attribute object, which must not be reused until it is reinitialized. pthread_mutexattr_destroy does nothing in the LinuxThreads implementation. LinuxThreads supports only one mutex attribute: the mutex kind, which is either PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP for ``fast'' mutexes, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP for ``recursive'' mutexes, or PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP for ``error checking'' mutexes. As the NP suffix indicates, this is a non-portable extension to the POSIX standard and should not be employed in portable programs. The mutex kind determines what happens if a thread attempts to lock a mutex it already owns with pthread_mutex_lock(3). If the mutex is of the ``fast'' kind, pthread_mutex_lock(3) simply suspends the calling thread forever. If the mutex is of the ``error checking'' kind, pthread_mutex_lock(3) returns immediately with the error code EDEADLK. If the mutex is of the ``recursive'' kind, the call to pthread_mutex_lock(3) returns immediately with a success return code. The number of times the thread owning the mutex has locked it is recorded in the mutex. The owning thread must call pthread_mutex_unlock(3) the same number of times before the mutex returns to the unlocked state. The default mutex kind is ``fast'', that is, PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP. pthread_mutexattr_settype sets the mutex kind attribute in attr to the value specified by kind. pthread_mutexattr_gettype retrieves the current value of the mutex kind attribute in attr and stores it in the location pointed to by kind. RETURN VALUE
pthread_mutexattr_init, pthread_mutexattr_destroy and pthread_mutexattr_gettype always return 0. pthread_mutexattr_settype returns 0 on success and a non-zero error code on error. ERRORS
On error, pthread_mutexattr_settype returns the following error code: EINVAL kind is neither PTHREAD_MUTEX_FAST_NP nor PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP nor PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP AUTHOR
Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr> SEE ALSO
pthread_mutex_init(3), pthread_mutex_lock(3), pthread_mutex_unlock(3). LinuxThreads PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR(3)