Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sizing p7 systems
Operating Systems AIX Sizing p7 systems Post 302469118 by DGPickett on Thursday 4th of November 2010 07:36:39 PM
Old 11-04-2010
Neat! Remember that for the same total nominal spec-int or whatever, fewer processors is really faster. You only get full speed from the first, and then for each additional one sharing the same RAM, bus's, L2cache, L1cache, you get less. 4 cores of 20 > 8 cores of 10.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Gentoo

Properly Sizing an x86 Server for Internet DNS?

Where I work, we have to very old Alpha boxes running OpenVMS 7. They also have Multinet and are using the BIND component for DNS services. We are planning on retiring those boxes and replacing them with x86 servers running Linux. I've decided to go with Gentoo Linux for this and I've inherited... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. AIX

Sizing Mouse Pointer

On AIX machines 4.3, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 am having trouble seeing the mouse pointer in CDE. Found this on web To change the cursor to a large red X, run the following command . #xsetroot -cursor_name X-cursor -bg red Could someone kindly give me the command line wording to undo the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kinda a noob: Automatic window sizing and placement

I am attempting to create a script that runs automatically upon logging in and opens and places windows in appropriate places. I have the script running such that it starts during login, but I cannot get things how and where I want them. This should be relatively simple, I just can't figure it out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wydileie
7 Replies

4. Linux

System sizing for X sessions

Hello all. I've been tasked with building a system that will have up to 50 concurrent users connected and using an X session running firefox. Is there some kind of standard sizing model available that will tell me what kind of network/CPU utilization I will be looking at? Or even better some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun hardware sizing

Hi, Never worked with Sun, but I have been presented to make a decision about Sun server hardware, since the application which we'll be running is not so popular and you guys might not have idea, for reference I can tell you our competitor is running same application (business volume 10 times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing

I have no idea what I should set the topic here ==' This is my story, please you there kindly help me I'm quite newbie for this. ================================== My host server is CentOS, I spared 9.9GB for /var path that used by MySQL and...It's full because of heavy load traffic, then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kapom
1 Replies
DtEditorGetSizeHints(library call)										DtEditorGetSizeHints(library call)

NAME
DtEditorGetSizeHints -- retrieve sizing information from a DtEditor widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Editor.h> void DtEditorGetSizeHints( Widget widget, XSizeHints *pHints); DESCRIPTION
The DtEditorGetSizeHints function retrieves the current sizing information from a DtEditor widget, allowing the application to compute appropriate size hints for the window manager. The widget argument specifies the DtEditor widget ID. The pHints argument is a pointer to an XSizeHints structure into which the current sizing information is placed. The fields in this struc- ture do not have to contain any values when it is passed in. Upon successful completion, the DtEditorGetSizeHints function fills in the following fields of the XSizeHints structure: minimum width ( min_width) and height ( min_height); width ( width_inc) and height ( height_inc) increment; and base width ( base_width) and height ( base_height); otherwise, the structure is unchanged. The Flags field is set to: PMinSize | PResizeInc | PBaseSize RETURN VALUE
The DtEditorGetSizeHints function returns no value. EXAMPLES
The following code segment sets the resize increment and minimum window size properties for the application. Widget editor, application_shell; Display display; XSizeHints size_hints; long supplied_return; XGetWMSizeHints(display, XtWindow(application_shell), &size_hints, &supplied_return, XA_WM_NORMAL_HINTS); DtEditorGetSizeHints(editor, &size_hints); XSetWMSizeHints(display, XtWindow(application_shell), &size_hints, XA_WM_NORMAL_HINTS); SEE ALSO
Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5), DtEditor(3). DtEditorGetSizeHints(library call)