Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Explain the difference between the commands cd ~smart and cd ~/smart Post 302469110 by Scott on Thursday 4th of November 2010 06:52:42 PM
Old 11-04-2010
Hi.

Yes.

The first (cd ~smart) will cd to the home directory or user smart.

The second will cd to a directory called smart in the current user's home directory. cd ~ will cd to the current user's home directory.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

smart question

eg. : there is a file - 322 bytes, how can I (or you) view just a half of file (161 bytes)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

smart script?

First, I know that's a bad title. I couldn't think of anything short enough. ... I wrote the following script to let me know when various parts of the network are down. It used to look like this before last weekend when I got over 500 emails about 1 host being down all weekend: this is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smart Backup Script

Hello Im pretty new to scripting in linux but am keen to learn. I'm trying to create a backup script similar to a batch script I developed for windows (dos) where the backup is to a usb drive. no problems with the backup process but what I would like to do is automatically remove old files if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGacko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need smart script !

Hi, I need a script to assign variables the below paths /appl/user_projects/domains/<xxx>/servers/<yyy>/logs Where <xxx> can be any number and name of directories. <yyy> can be another set of any number of names and directories. I want to neglect all the <xxx> and <yyy>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
Jajuk(1)						      General Commands Manual							  Jajuk(1)

NAME
Jajuk - advanced jukebox and music organizer DESCRIPTION
Jajuk is software that organizes and plays music. Jajuk is designed to be intuitive, fast and provide multiple ways to perform the same operation. It is a fully-featured application geared towards advanced users with very large or scattered music collections. FEATURES
* Digital DJ: Let Jajuk make your programmation based on your own rules * Ambience management: ask for a soft playlist in two clicks maximum! * Configurable cross-fade * Recursive play/repeat/shuffle/push in directories/sub-directories or by genre/artist/ albums * Best Of smart function to play your favourite tracks * Novelties smart function to play your collection newest albums * Continue smart function to continue in current album after a shuffle selection * Push into player queue * Planned tracks: forsee your selection * Various startup modes: none, last one, last one keep position, specified, shuffle, novelties, bestof * Intro from a track position and specified length * Shuffle in entire collection * Repeat, shuffle, intro, fast forward/rewind, mute... HOMEPAGE
http://jajuk.info/index.php/Main_Page AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Varun Hiremath <varunhiremath@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). December 7, 2006 Jajuk(1)