Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Explain the difference between the commands cd ~smart and cd ~/smart Post 302469108 by phunkypants on Thursday 4th of November 2010 06:44:37 PM
Old 11-04-2010
Computer Explain the difference between the commands cd ~smart and cd ~/smart

Is it possible for both commands to work?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

smart question

eg. : there is a file - 322 bytes, how can I (or you) view just a half of file (161 bytes)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

smart script?

First, I know that's a bad title. I couldn't think of anything short enough. ... I wrote the following script to let me know when various parts of the network are down. It used to look like this before last weekend when I got over 500 emails about 1 host being down all weekend: this is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smart Backup Script

Hello Im pretty new to scripting in linux but am keen to learn. I'm trying to create a backup script similar to a batch script I developed for windows (dos) where the backup is to a usb drive. no problems with the backup process but what I would like to do is automatically remove old files if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGacko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need smart script !

Hi, I need a script to assign variables the below paths /appl/user_projects/domains/<xxx>/servers/<yyy>/logs Where <xxx> can be any number and name of directories. <yyy> can be another set of any number of names and directories. I want to neglect all the <xxx> and <yyy>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)