Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create ext3 filesystem on regular file? Post 302469093 by stevenswj on Thursday 4th of November 2010 05:26:22 PM
Old 11-04-2010
EDIT: Alright nevermind though I still had a problem but I didn't. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext3 filesystem

what do you think about the ext3 journal filesystem?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comadreja
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext3: No journal on filesystem on dm-0

Hi Linuxers, I am a newbie here and loggin this facilities regularly. Recently my PC experience a power trip, my system could not boot up after restarting. I did the following : - Boot up with "linux rescue" using installation disk FC3 - In a shell, run "lvm vgchange... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chowkimhan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create a 2 TB UFS filesystem?

Hi, I have a 2,1 TB RAID0 Array (3- 750GB discs). I have Solaris 10 x86 installed. When I try to create a volume on this drive I receive the following error: " WARNING: /pci@0/pci8086/..../sd@6,0 (sd7) disk capacity is too large for current cbd length " I assume I can not format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
5 Replies

4. SCO

create filesystem on file

Hello, iam pretty new to SCO, installed it yesterday in vm. Now, i'd like to create a filesystem on a file like you can do on lnx or bsd. But seems not possible for me to do so on SCO OpenServer 6.0.0. Thats what i get: bash-3.00# uname -a SCO_SV scosysv 5 6.0.0 i386 bash-3.00# mkfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user5
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Steps to Create a FileSystem HP-UX

Steps to create FileSystem, and later to modify size in HP-UX. Please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: granador
1 Replies

6. Linux

Create an ext3 fs image

Which I will use as a loop mount mounted on an arbitrary directory, say /home/me/dir running something like mount -o loop ext3_image.img /home/me/dir What command(s) should I run to create this? I use RedHat. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

how to create a Filesystem

Hi everybody, I work with UNIX-AIX OS, I have to install db2 connect , somebody could explain to me how to create a Filesystem?, user, group, and password? ( I read a little and I know there many types of Filesystems) I have no idea how to do it, Linux version 2.6.18-92.el5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lauelmar
2 Replies

8. Linux

I need help rebuild ext3 filesystem

hi to all I wanted to edit a enigma2 image to my box .. the image is root.img .. Analysed then I have the picture and I have this: parted root.img WARNING: You are not superuser. Watch out for permissions. GNU Parted 2.2 Using /home/soft/Bureau/enigma2/root.img Welcome to GNU Parted! Type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soft
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Expand EXT3 filesystem ( No LVM)

hi, In my production server having Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Carthage) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) we have a filesystem of 197 gb (Type ext 3) Hadisk in which this filesystem reside is sdb is of 217 gb. (NO LVM) Now I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanraza
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Errors received while restoring my data from ext3 filesystem

Hi All, I have dual boot on my laptop - Win8 And linuxMint. From linuxmint i had copied all my data found on the NTFS partitions (on my laptop) to an external hard drive (formatted with ext3). i used rsync for this. Now after my hard disk crashed, am restoring the data back from ext3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)