Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk arrays and variables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk arrays and variables Post 302469016 by Morph797 on Thursday 4th of November 2010 12:08:25 PM
Old 11-04-2010
awk arrays and variables

I have two arrays values
Code:
aname[1] = first
aname[2] = last

I would like to assign a variable to both arrays seperated by a comma
Code:
fname=(aname[1]","aname[2])

that example does not work but that's something I would like to accomplish.

Is it possible to assign a printf output to a variable.

I am using awk or nawk only.

Thank You

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags when posting code, data or logs to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-04-2010 at 01:21 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays in awk???

Been struggling with a problem, I have been trying to do this in awk, but am unable to figure this out, I think arrays have to be used, but unsure how to accomplish this. I have a input file that looks like this: 141;ny;y;g 789;ct;e;e 23;ny;n;u 45;nj;e;u 216;ny;y;u 7;ny;e;e 1456;ny;e;g... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigsky
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with awk and arrays

now its owkring - thanks fo rthe help all . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusionX
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays in awk

Hi, I've written the following code to manipulate the first 40 lines of a data file into my desired order: #!/bin/awk -f { if (NR<=(4)){ a=a$0" "} else { if ((NR >= (5)) && (NR <= (13))) { b=b$0" " } else {if ((NR >= (14)) && (NR <= (25))){ c=c$0" "} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwoman
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem assigning variables to arrays

Hi All, I have a problem assigning variables to script.I have a script in which i have a while loop now i have to assign some values obtained to an array which will be used later in the script.Can anyone help how to do that. At present my scrot looks like: co=0 pco=0 co=`cat /tmp/highcpu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays in awk

Hi, I have the following data in a file for example: Name="Fred","Bob","Peterson","Susan","Weseley" Age="24","30","28","23","45" Study="English","Engineering","Physics","Maths","Psychology" Code="0","0","1","1","0" Name="Fred2","Bob2","Peterson2","Susan2","Weseley2"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Field Replacement, Assigning Fields to Variables, Lists/Arrays?

Okay, I've made threads on extracting fields and comparing strings in separate files in .csv's. I've written the following code with intentions of learning more. I just want this one question answered: How can I assign fields from a file(comma separated) to variables? My goal is to check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays with awk

I'm a little stuck and would be grateful of some advice! I have three files, two of which contain reference data that I want to add to a line of output in the third file. I can't seem to get awk to print array contents as I would expect. The input files are: # Input file AAA,OAA,0313... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maccas17
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Arrays

So I'm back once again beating my head off a wall trying to figure out how to get this to work. My end goal is to take input such as what's below, which will be capture in real time with a tail -f from a file or piped output from another command: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowBlade72
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
GLGENVERTEXARRAYS(3G)						    OpenGL 3.3						     GLGENVERTEXARRAYS(3G)

NAME
glGenVertexArrays - generate vertex array object names C SPECIFICATION
void glGenVertexArrays(GLsizei n, GLuint *arrays); PARAMETERS
n Specifies the number of vertex array object names to generate. arrays Specifies an array in which the generated vertex array object names are stored. DESCRIPTION
glGenVertexArrays returns n vertex array object names in arrays. There is no guarantee that the names form a contiguous set of integers; however, it is guaranteed that none of the returned names was in use immediately before the call to glGenVertexArrays. Vertex array object names returned by a call to glGenVertexArrays are not returned by subsequent calls, unless they are first deleted with glDeleteVertexArrays(). The names returned in arrays are marked as used, for the purposes of glGenVertexArrays only, but they acquire state and type only when they are first bound. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if n is negative. SEE ALSO
glBindVertexArray(), glDeleteVertexArrays() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLGENVERTEXARRAYS(3G)