Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Try to make a single line to syslog. Post 302468988 by iga3725 on Thursday 4th of November 2010 11:01:00 AM
Old 11-04-2010
Try to make a single line to syslog.

Hi again:

Following the thread:
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ines-file.html

I couldn't solve my problem, so I ask you again gurus:

I have this code:
Code:
nohup /usr/sbin/auditstream | /usr/sbin/auditselect -m -e "event== S_ENVIRON_WRITE || event== USER_Create || event== USER_Remove || event== USER_Change || event== GROUP_Create || event== GROUP_Remove || event== GROUP_Change || event== PASSWORD_Change" | /usr/sbin/auditpr -h elrtRc -t0 -v &

which makes the output:

Code:
USER_Create     user user  OK          mkuser             
                     israel
USER_Remove   user user  OK          mkuser             
                     israel

BUT I want to get this output (all on a single line) and I'm not able to do it:
Code:
USER_Create     user user  OK          mkuser                        israel
USER_Remove   user user  OK          mkuser                        israel

Can you help me to get the desired output?
Thanks once more.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and clean in a single rule in the makefile.

Hi, This stems from the following thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18299 I have a makefile which makes either executables or a shared library. i.e. make -f unix.mak will create the executables and make -f unix.mak libolsv will create the shared library. Since these have to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make multiple line containing a pattern into single line

I have the following data file. zz=aa azxc-1234 aa=aa zz=bb azxc-1234 bb=bb zz=cc azxc-1234 cc=cc zz=dd azxc-2345 dd=dd zz=ee azxc-2345 ee=ee zz=ff azxc-3456 ff=ff zz=gg azxc-4567 gg=gg zz=hh azxc-4567 hh=hh zz=ii azxc-4567 ii=ii I want to make 2nd field pattern matching multiple lines... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: VTAWKVT
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to make bash [or another shell] use all CPU cores to execute a single script?

I wrote a very simple script that matches combinations of alphabetic characters (1-5). I want to use it to test CPU speeds of different hardware/platforms. The problem is that on multi-core/processor systems, only one CPU is being utilized to execute the script. Is there a way to change that?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace several numbers with respective tag and make a single file

Dear All, I have a final output files as 736645|0| 13879|1| 495563|10| 127933|14| 4975|16| 49038|6| 53560|7| 135115|8| 178857|9| Now I want to replace second column with respective tag as per the value (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search between keywords and make a single line

have a very big file where need to format it like below example file: abcd today is great day; search keyword 'abcd' and append to it all words till we reach ; to make it a single line. output should look like. abcd today is great day; There are many occurrence of such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri4332
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make Separated files from a single matrix - Perl

Hey Masters, Here is my input: fragmentID chromosome start end HEL25E TRIP1 r5GATC2L00037 chr2L 5301 6026 0.03 0.036 r5GATC2L00038 chr2L 6023 6882 -0.025 -0.041 r5GATC2L00040 chr2R 6921 7695 -0.031 0.005 r5GATC2L00042 chr2R 7715 8554 -0.006 -0.024 r5GATC2L00043 chr3L 8551 8798 0.042 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make multiple lines into single quoted comma separated Linux

Hi, I want to change a file file1.txt: 1234 3456 2345 6789 3456 2333 4444 As, file2.txt in Linux: '1234','3456','2345','6789','3456','2333','4444' Could someone please help me. (Single liner sed, awk will be welcome!) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiweq05
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)