Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Connecting two machines with an ethernet bridge Post 302468828 by zxmaus on Thursday 4th of November 2010 12:53:58 AM
Old 11-04-2010
true ... so next guess would be weird subnet masks ...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bridge on linux

Hello. I expirince some problems with bridging, i'm pretty new to that technology I've 2 nic's 1 - wireless rt2500 ra0 canyon cn511 card 2 - e100 intel, ifconfig ra0 up && iwconfig ra0 essid xxx channel x mode managed bring me wireless connection up then i do following: brctl addbr br0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hachik
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

SNMP in a Bridge device

Hello all, recently we've created a Bridge on a machine that was being used as an snmp, and we haven't assigned an IP for the bridge interface, instead we've used one extra NIC to make all the administrations, but SNMP is simply not working, any one have a clue on how to do this? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

4. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Wireless Bridge/Repeater ?

I have a laptop running Ubuntu Netbook Remix. What I want to do is use it to connect to my routers wifi, and then plug my desktop into the laptops ethernet port and be hooked to my routers network without any NAT or ICS. Desktop>>>>>>Laptop/Wired>>Laptop/Wireless>>>>>Router I want it to look... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schwasskin
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

Create a Bridge for Qemu using only loopback

hello networking folks, i have 3 virtual machines that need to talk to each other How can i create a bridge to loopback ? -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap1 where tap1 is connected to lo:1 , tap2 is connected to lo:2 etc thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwiceDone
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Hostroute => Bridge and IP-Forwardings

Hello unix community, Could anyone tell me what is the macosx command for: 1) ip hostroute to bridge: ip route add 188.40.1.40/32 dev br0 (linux command) /32 ist for netmask? Because I use /29. 2) and IP-Forwarding: net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 (linux command) I hope anyone could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girlusingunyx
1 Replies
IPSEC_GOODMASK(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_GOODMASK(3)

NAME
ipsec_goodmask, ipsec_masktobits, ipsec_bitstomask - check if Internet subnet mask is valid, convert Internet subnet mask to bit count, convert bit count to Internet subnet mask SYNOPSIS
#include <libreswan.h> int goodmask(struct in_addr mask); int masktobits(struct in_addr mask); struct in_addr bitstomask(int n); DESCRIPTION
These functions are obsolete; see ipsec_masktocount(3) for a partial replacement. Goodmask reports whether the subnet mask is a valid one, i.e. consists of a (possibly empty) sequence of 1s followed by a (possibly empty) sequence of 0s. Masktobits takes a (valid) subnet mask and returns the number of 1 bits in it. Bitstomask reverses this, returning the subnet mask corresponding to bit count n. All masks are in network byte order. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_atosubnet(3) DIAGNOSTICS
Masktobits returns -1 for an invalid mask. Bitstomask returns an all-zeros mask for a negative or out-of-range n. HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. BUGS
The error-reporting convention of bitstomask is less than ideal; zero is sometimes a legitimate mask. 11 June 2001 IPSEC_GOODMASK(3)