Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cshell integer expression from "0000" to "1999" Post 302468759 by rockytodd on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:23:00 PM
Old 11-03-2010
cshell integer expression from "0000" to "1999"

I have 2000 files named like "file-fr0000.log", "file-fr1999.log"...
I wanna generate the file names automatically in the following c shell script:

Code:
set fr = 0
while ($fr <= 1999)
    grep "ENERGY" file-fr$fr.log > data.dat
    @ fr = ( $fr + 1 )
end

The above will generate file names like "file-fr5.log" instead of the intended "file-fr0005.log".
How can I generate a series of number with fixed width like "0005", using zeros to fill those vacancies?

Appreciate your time!
Todd

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "integer expression expected" when selecting values

dear members, I am having some difficulties with an automation script that I am writing. We have equipments deployed over our network that generate status messages and I was trying an automated method to collect all information. I did a expect script that telnet all devices, logs, asks for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorlando
4 Replies

3. Fedora

"integer expression expected" error with drive space monitoring script

Hi guys, I am still kinda new to Linux. Script template I found on the net and adapted for our environment: #!/bin/sh #set -x ADMIN="admin@mydomain.com" ALERT=10 df -H | grep -vE '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' | while read output; do #echo $output ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

why "aab" matchs "ab" when using reglar expression ?

Please see the following code, why "aab" matchs "ab" when using reglar expression ? $ ] && echo "ok" || echo "error"; ok $ ] && echo "ok" || echo "error"; error $ ] && echo "ok" || echo "error"; error $ ] && echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect for "[: : integer expression expected" error

Hi, I read in this forum that for "https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/156008-integer-expression-expected-regular-expression.html thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay81
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)						    Git Manual						      GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)

NAME
git-fmt-merge-msg - Produce a merge commit message SYNOPSIS
git fmt-merge-msg [-m <message>] [--log[=<n>] | --no-log] git fmt-merge-msg [-m <message>] [--log[=<n>] | --no-log] -F <file> DESCRIPTION
Takes the list of merged objects on stdin and produces a suitable commit message to be used for the merge commit, usually to be passed as the <merge-message> argument of git merge. This command is intended mostly for internal use by scripts automatically invoking git merge. OPTIONS
--log[=<n>] In addition to branch names, populate the log message with one-line descriptions from the actual commits that are being merged. At most <n> commits from each merge parent will be used (20 if <n> is omitted). This overrides the merge.log configuration variable. --no-log Do not list one-line descriptions from the actual commits being merged. --[no-]summary Synonyms to --log and --no-log; these are deprecated and will be removed in the future. -m <message>, --message <message> Use <message> instead of the branch names for the first line of the log message. For use with --log. -F <file>, --file <file> Take the list of merged objects from <file> instead of stdin. CONFIGURATION
merge.branchdesc In addition to branch names, populate the log message with the branch description text associated with them. Defaults to false. merge.log In addition to branch names, populate the log message with at most the specified number of one-line descriptions from the actual commits that are being merged. Defaults to false, and true is a synonym for 20. merge.summary Synonym to merge.log; this is deprecated and will be removed in the future. EXAMPLE
$ git fetch origin master $ git fmt-merge-msg --log <$GIT_DIR/FETCH_HEAD Print a log message describing a merge of the "master" branch from the "origin" remote. SEE ALSO
git-merge(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)