Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Unix Spell Checker Assignment Post 302468757 by pludi on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:21:54 PM
Old 11-03-2010
You've been given a warning on how to post homework already, including information on the required template to use. Since you chose to ignore that I'm closing this thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

spell checker program

2.I need shell script to list all the 'words' in a given file (text) that are not listed in a specified dictionary. Let us call this utility 'spell-check'. 'spell-check' will be called as follows. $ spell-check letter Lucent UNIX UNIX OS a $ dictionary words are listed in lower... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksjanakan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

spell

Hi, I found the following line in a shell script. $spell -a < $filename | \ grep -v '@(#)' | sed "s/\'//g" | \ awk '{ if (length($0) > 15 && length($2) > 2) print $2 }' | \ grep -vif $okaywords | \ grep ']' | grep -v ']' | sort -u | \ sed 's/^/ /' > $tempout can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Sript - Spell Checker Assign

Hi Folks. I am currently working on a script that has to spell check a file and print the output to the screen in 2 columns like this. INCORRECT CORRECTION whio who weahter weather The file will allow the user to override the ispell command and save any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccfc1986
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Assignment, need help!

I have been working on this for the past hour and I can not figure it out :( What command would you give to produce a listing of the names of all the text files in ~/UnixCourse or its subdirectories (possibly nested several layers deep) followed immediately by the first line of text within that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordonheimer
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help for the spell checker in unix or python

Hi, Want to know is there any command to correct the spelling using unix or python? Unix command "spell" will give only the list of the incorrect words . But i want the output along with the corrected word . Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vini
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX- Database creating/viewing/updating assignment

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have posted the assignment below, I am new to unix programming and am having a very hard time knowing where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: student1989
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

spell checker script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When "niuspell" is invoked from the command line it reads "file" and checks it for spelling of the words it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeffthrow5
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash Shell Script Spell Checker program.

I have a majority of this problem done but seem to be struggling on the last couple of steps. Here is the whole problem to help you guys get a better understanding. Write a shell script that implements a simple spell checker. The filename you will use for your script will be your Z-id followed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DsmRacer2k14
1 Replies

9. Debian

Getting a better spell checker

Guys I am new to Linux in general and want to know what is the use of the following files-: /usr/share/dict/words /usr/share/dict/words.pre-dictionaries-common Are they used by the spell checker to find potential typos ? If so are there any better larger word lists out there ? I am sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX assignment or value returns

Hi Folks, In UNIX, I am quite confused on how to use or when to use ${} $() $ . For Example , if i use variable called "i" then when do i use, ${i} $(i) $i or sometime with arithmetic operations $(i+1) like this or ${i}+1 quite confused... Please help... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies
SbTypedStorage<; Type >(3)					       Coin						 SbTypedStorage< Type >(3)

NAME
SbTypedStorage< Type > - The SbTypedStorage class manages generic thread-local memory. This class manages thread-local memory. When different threads access the memory an SbTypedStorage object manages, they will receive different memory blocks back. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/threads/SbTypedStorage.h> Public Member Functions SbTypedStorage (unsigned int size) SbTypedStorage (unsigned int size, void(*constr)(void *), void(*destr)(void *)) ~SbTypedStorage (void) Type get (void) Detailed Description template<class Type>class SbTypedStorage< Type > The SbTypedStorage class manages generic thread-local memory. This class manages thread-local memory. When different threads access the memory an SbTypedStorage object manages, they will receive different memory blocks back. This provides a mechanism for sharing read/write static data. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation template<class Type > SbTypedStorage< Type >::SbTypedStorage (unsigned intsize) [inline] Constructor. size specifies the number of bytes each thread should have in this thread-local memory management object. template<class Type > SbTypedStorage< Type >::SbTypedStorage (unsigned intsize, void(*)(void *)constr, void(*)(void *)destr) [inline] Constructor. size specifies the number of bytes each thread should have in this thread-local memory management object. Constructor and a destructor functions can be specified that will be called when the actual memory blocks are allocated and freed. template<class Type > SbTypedStorage< Type >::~SbTypedStorage (void) [inline] The destructor. Member Function Documentation template<class Type > Type SbTypedStorage< Type >::get (void) [inline] This method returns the calling thread's thread-local memory block. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SbTypedStorage< Type >(3)